Chapter 40:

I woke up in the middle of the night and I couldn't fall back asleep. The thoughts of what could happen tomorrow, it could change my entire life.

I kept tossing and turning and sighing and groaning, I couldn't get comfortable, I couldn't stop thinking. 

I try turning over one last time and when it does not comfort me I let out a frustrated sigh. 

I sit up and open my eyes. All I can see is black. I squint my eyes as if I did it long enough it would give me night vision. 

I swing the covers off my body and stand up. I start heading in the direction of the door being careful not to hit anything or knock anything over and wake someone up.

I smile when my hand comes in contact with the cold metal of the door knob and I twist to open it. It was slightly lighter out here. I could see where I was going much better than in the room I couldn't sleep in. 

I trudged toward the kitchen getting thirster as I got closer. I opened a cabinet and grabbed myself a glass of water. I took a few drinks and turned back to try and get some sleep.

When I turned around I saw Dally sitting on the couch, his legs swung off the couch, his head in his hands as he thinks hunched over. 

I walk over toward him. When I get nearer him he looks up and jumps a bit, "Gracie?" he asks, "yeah" I respond sitting down beside him.

"Can't sleep either?" I ask him, "yep" he says huskily. I take a deep breath and put my head on his shoulder "it's like being a kid on christmas eve waiting for Santa to come with their gifts" I say closing my eyes getting greeted by the same darkness I was just staring at.

"I didn't get much for christmas" he says bluntly, "neither did I" I say with a sigh thinking back on how I only got a rigid doll.

"You keep telling me it's going to be ok, so now it's my turn to tell you the same" I say this time believing what I was saying, "if you are... I- I don't know what I'm going to do. My father was never there for me and when he was he would only cause me trouble and pain, I can't be that way towards my child, but I won't know any other way to act" he says putting his head back into his hands.

"Dallas listen to me. If I am pregnant you will be a great father, you already are. Worrying about if you're going to be a good dad or not is proof that you care, and surprisingly enough Dallas when you care, you do a pretty darn good job of doing it" I say with a smile. 

Dally is quiet for a second, "no. You don't get it. I'm not ready to be a father" Dally says in a hard tone. I take my head off his shoulder, "do you think I'm ready to be a mother? Because if you are You're dead wrong" I say offended, "well if you would've been on the pill none of this would've happened" he says coldly. I could tell he has been thinking to much about this.

"Don't you dare try to blame all of this on me. Remember what you said, it takes two to make a baby? I don't know if you know this, but you helped. And maybe if you used a proper condom instead of one you got in seventh grade health class we wouldn't be in this mess" I say through gritted teeth as I get up and storm to the guest room. 

***

I woke up to someone shaking me "Gracie come on we let you sleep in, but it's already twelve" you hear a voice say as they continue to shake me awake.

I let my eyes flutter open to meet a bright pair of gorgeous blue ones. I looked around confused not even remembering falling asleep last night, "wait what time is it?" I ask confused, "twelve" Soda repeats as he stops shaking you.

I sit up and immediately feel dizzy. The room starts to spin and the one beautiful face turns into two. Then my vision goes slightly black and fuzzy. I hate head rush.