F.E.A 02

🎓HOW TO FIND YOUR DOG Pt 1🎓

My heart literally in my throat as I waited to hear a voice on the other side of the line.

" hello this is pet control services"

"Hello?... My name's Justin Keith but you can call me JK. I'm a dog owner and I'm from Daegu, but I'm currently living in Seoul."
My dog is nowhere to be found so I was calling to find out if you have any new stray dogs today"

" Sorry but no strays came in today. A few days ago though, a tadmanian devil was brought in ".

But please describe your dog and we'll contact you once we find a dog that fits that description"

" Ok thank you. He's small, cute and has big doe eyes, he has black and brown fur. He's noisy, barks a lot for a reason I can't explain. His name's Tan"

" Ok sir. We hope to get back to you soon. Thank you for calling pet control, Bye."

"Bye"

Feeling defeated, I slumped down on the couch. I still couldn't believe Tan wasn't here, that he was really gone.

Tears filled my eyes as I spotted Tannie's favorite toy, Pinky on the couch.

He loved playing with that. I couldn't stop my tears anymore as i remembered the first day I had bought it.

Tannie had refused to play with it and then suddenly he surprised me when his preference switched.

He had actually begun to like it.

A lot of images were running through my mind at the moment about how he was probably alone and scared, probably cold too as winter is beginning to set in.

Probably hungry. All these thoughts were driving me insane.
I wondered if he had eaten and if he was okay.
Lost in the middle of nowhere and probably barking at strangers.

My Tan was all alone.

I think I cried myself to sleep because I woke up as the sun's bright light streaked onto my face.
Last night, in my grief, I'd completely forgotten to close the windows.
The brightness was enough to wake me up even though I shut my eyes tightly closed.

In the end I grunted as I got up with half-closed eyes in an attempt to at least close the curtains.

My foot hit the drawer by the bedside and I winced in pain as I grabbed my toe. At least it succeeded where my alarm had failed, to wake me up.
Truth is, I can't even remember climbing the stairs to bed. I might have sleepwalked for all I knew. I furrowed my brows as I reluctantly stepped onto adjoining bathroom.

My image in the mirror was worst than I'd initially thought.

Huge bags could be seen under my bloodshot eyes, my lips looked patchy and the two lines streaking down my cheeks as a result of tears made me look like I was an evil villain.

In short and simple words, I could pass as a Zombie anywhere....

I was convinced that people would run if I dared to step onto the streets looking like this.

Honestly, with Tan gone, I didn't feel like doing anything hence I made my way out without even bothering to wash my face.

I didn't feel like starting my day and I wanted all the days to pass by quickly till I find my Tan.

Till I see him again. My little adorable Pomeranian puppy.

I opened my door and slowly crept into the bed again. My eyes met the photo I took of the two of us last month and smiled as I saw him.
All too soon, tears filled my eyes as I clutched the frame to my chest.

I miss Tan so much. I didn't know how much he meant to me or maybe I underestimated his worth.

But now that he wasn't here, and he'd taken a huge chunk of myself with him.
I want him back but I don't even know where to begin , worst of all I don't know if he's still alive.... The negative thoughts were killing me. I wondered if he'd been kidnapped. If I should call the police. But what reason would spend have to kidnap a little cute dog?

The sound of my phone ringing had me dashing down the stairs in seconds.

I rushed to the kitchen, where I'd left it earlier.

Oh God, oh God! It was Pet Control.
Hope bubbled in my heart as my thoughts wondered to seeing Tan again. They'd found him.

I quickly answered hoping they'd found my Tan or at least had information about his whereabouts.

"hello, is this Mr JK"

"Yes ,this is him"

"I was calling regarding your missing dog"

A smile popped onto my lips and my hope quadrupled.

"can you please give another description? "

"of course, but why do you ask? ", I asked a little curious but still very hopeful.

"actually we had a few strays come in this morning, I wanted to identify if your dog is part of the rescued dogs"

"oh OK, of course, I was in a sore state yesterday so my description may not have been very useful at all", I said with an apologetic voice.

"it's no problem at all, we're here because we understand pet owners"

"thank you sir, my dog is a Pomeranian, black and tan colored. he's actually an adorable puppy. "

"Pomeranian, you say? "

"Yes, did you find him? ", I asked.

"I'm very sorry but there were no Pomeranians in the strays, only poodles🐩sir ", he said.

My heart broke and I felt a tear slip down my eye.

My voice came out in a whisper as I said ,

" it's OK, thank you, please call immediately if you find any dog with that description "

"of course, have a nice day"

"bye", I ended the call and dropped my phone on the kitchen island.

Uncontrollable tears flowed from my eyes and I soon began to sob.

I closed my eyes as memories of my sweet Yeontan invaded my mind. My breath came in gasps and I felt my temple begin to throb. The hope I'd felt earlier shattered and shredded to bits and my heart hurt a lot at the thought of not seeing Yeontan again.

I didn't know what would happen if I actually had to come to terms with the fact that,

Yeontan was never coming back.

A/N

Chapter 2 : Dog : 1 , Owner : 0