Chapter 11

Word Count: 938

Warnings: Angst!

Author's note: I hope you enjoy! I know I kind of strayed away from the actual lore of dema but I decided to make it my own!!

Joshns and the bishops filed your kids, josh and you into this massive plane that was outside. They didn't tell you exactly where you were going, but you expected it was going to be Necropolis, the Dema headquarters, where Nico and his family lived with the other Bishops and Niners.

No one talked on the plane ride. You held Westley in your arms, and Autumn and Connor were in the corner cuddling looking out. Connor was becoming protective over his little sister, which you were proud of. Josh sat across from you, but he kept his eyes focused on the ground. You were all scared.

The silence on the plain allowed more room and time for you to focus and overthink about Tyler and everything that happened. You hoped he was okay, and you hoped that everything would turn out okay as well.

Keons stood up from his seat and walked back to where you all were sitting.

"I'm sorry for what I have to do now," he spoke. He pulled out a needle and pushed it into your arm. The world went fuzzy before going completely black. The last thing you remembered hearing was the sound of Autumn's voice calling out for you.

You woke up in a dark cell with Westley and Autumn, and Connor and Josh was in the cell next to you. It was dark but you could tell that there was someone in a cell across from you as well. You wiped your eyes and squinted to get a better look.

It took you awhile until you recognized that this shirtless body laying on the ground, covered in welts and blood was Tyler.

"Tyler!" You screamed, running up the cell, sticking an arm out. The body turned over, and Tyler looked up at her. His eyes widened with fear, as he realized his whole family was captured too, including Josh.

"How.. what?" He tried to move but layed back down with pain.

"What have they done to you?"

"They're torturing me. They have been whipping me for the past two hours," his voice croaked. You gasped and you wanted to scream. You wanted to run out of this cell and protect Tyler. Autumn, was still asleep, but Josh and Connor were starting to wake up.

The door that led into the cells slowly opened with a creak, and down the stairs walked a tall man wearing a black outfit, and behind him walked a young woman who had long red hair. This was Nico, and his daughter, Clancy. You've heard lots of stories about the daughter of Nico, but you were never expecting to see her in person. She was beautiful. Her pale skin shined against the light and her hair resembled fire. She had scars around her throat and you remembered the story of how she tried to take her life a year before the ban had started.

You were mesmerized that you were seeing the leader of your country in front of you, but you were also terrified of what was going to happen.

"Ah, I see you all have gotten settled in," Nico's voice was deep but yet very calm and soothing, and he stretched out his words. His daughter stared at the ground, standing behind him. She kept making quick glances over at Josh.

"Let us out!" Connor screamed, but Nico held his hand up to stop the Niners that were already heading over to him. You held Autumn and Westley closer to you as Nico made his way over to your cell.

"You're pregnant," he points at your stomach. You place your hand on it, and avoided eye contact.

"It's my baby," Josh spoke, and Nico looked over at him.

"Oh I see, so you're a surrogate?"

You nodded, "He wanted a kid." Nico slowly tapped his foot as he stared you and your daughter down.

"You know Tyler, you have such wonderful kids, why would you risk their lives like this? Dema has rules for a reason, and there is no room for error," Nico walked over to Tyler's cell. He opened the door and leaned down next to him.

"Don't touch me," Tyler spat at him.

"I won't, but you will have to pay the consequences. It's only fair." Nico stood back up and walked over to a Bishop and grabbed this cup that was filled with light blue liquid.

"What is that?" Josh spoke out.

"Chlorine." Clancy whispered, peeking over at Josh.

"It's more than just Chlorine. This will teach you what happens when you break Dema's rules. This will make sure you never break the rules again," Nico explained as he handed the cup to Tyler.

"Dad, don't drink it!" Connor screamed but Josh grabbed him to cover his mouth.

"Either you drink it, or I will force it down your throat," Nico growled. Tyler put the cup to his lips and started to chug the drink. Once he finished he started grasping for his throat and was coughing.

"My...throat," he sputtered. It started to get this black tint to it, and his voice get raspier. He looked down at his hands which were also gaining the same black tint as his neck.

"What's happening to him!?" You scream, running to the front of your cell reaching your hand through. Seeing Tyler is pain was killing you.

"If he couldn't control himself, then we are taking away what he uses to create. As I said before, no room for errors in Dema." Nico walked away, calling Clancy to follow him.

"Sahlo Folina," she quickly whispered towards Josh as she hurried up after her dad.