Chapter 16

"I..I don't know what to say," Nico stuttered as he lowered the knife. He let go of Tyler who dropped to the ground, and Clancy bent down to see if he was okay.

"Don't you see? Look at all these people, all these people are impacted by their music. Dad, I know you blame their music for my past actions but the fact is that I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them," Clancy told her father as tears streamed down her face.

Nico looked at her with sympathy, and then looked out at everyone. He was at a loss of words as he started to think. He walked over to Sacarver and told him to let Josh go, and Clancy ran over and wrapped her arms around him

"I was so scared you were going to die," she whispered into Josh's chest and he rubbed her back.

"Nicolas," Keons grumbled and the other Bishops looked around at each other to figure out what was going on.

"I'm the leader of Dema, Keons. Not you. I am," he spoke strongly as he walked over to the Bishop. "You follow my rules."

"You can't even get cowards to follow your pathetic rules," Keons spat but Nico shook his head.

"Maybe it's because there is not a need for such cruel rules." He turned around and looked out at the sea of yellow, but he turned back around towards Tyler as he heard him start to sing.

"In trench, I'm not alone," Tyler sang, standing up, and the Banditos joining him once again. The black on his neck and hands were finally gone.

"Tyler," your eyes filled with tears as you saw your husband regain his strength.

"Daddy!" Autumn escaped your arms and ran up to Tyler, running into his arms.

You finally reached Tyler who was now holding Autumn and Connor. You wrapped your left arm around him.

"It's okay." He whispered into your ear.

You looked up at Nico who was staring down at your family, but his hand was intertwined with his daughters.

"A ban on music is a ban on happiness," Clancy whispered, looking up towards her dad and he nodded.

"What are you saying?" Keon's walked up to Nico, putting his hand on his shoulder. Nico looked up at him, his eyes wet.

"Look what I have done," he gestures to the crowd of yellow. "There shouldn't be a ban."

You exchanged a look with Tyler, completely shocked as to what was happening. Was the leader of your country really coming to an understanding? What was going to happen now? You could never forgive him after what he has done to your family, even if the rules change.

"Create your music." Nico walks over to Tyler and you. Autumn and Connor hide behind your body, and Nico kneels down. "I want to say thank you and I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"I don't understand," Tyler mumbled but Nico raised his hand.

"You are the reason my daughter is alive. It is no one's fault but mine as to why the past happened," he spoke softly as he held his hand out towards Autumn but she shifted away from his gray hand.

"Don't fear me," he whispered to Autumn. "You remind me of Clancy when she was younger."

"Is the ban gone?" She asked with wide eyes, and Nico nodded.

"I think it's time for you guys to leave the city and go home." Nico walked away with his head held low. He walked past Keons who stood there with anger filling his body.

"Tyler," you held him tight. You pulled away and placed your hands on his cheeks, pulling him in for a kiss.

"I'm safe. We're safe," He whispered. He placed his hand on your belly and looked up at you with his brown eyes. "I can make music again."

"I know," you smiled through the tears that were now falling. Connor and Autumn were both holding each other, and Josh was standing off to the side. Clancy was talking to him, and you decided to go over and thank both of them.

"Thank you so much, Josh," you said and he pulled you in for a huge hug. You pulled away and looked over to Clancy. She looked up to you shyly and her red hair covered most of her face.

"I'm so sorry this all happened," she started to say but you pulled her into a hug as well.

"Without you, we probably wouldn't be alive," you told her.

"That's how I feel with your husband's music."

"We're free!" Tyler raised his hands up in the air and Josh high fived him. He picked up Autumn with one arm and held Connor's hand with the other.

"Time to go home?" you ask and Tyler nodded.

"Time to go home."

Two months had passed since your family was captured by Nico, and it has also been two months since the ban was removed. It took only two days for Nico to have another emergency broadcast where he lifted the ban and explained the new rules for Dema.

Listener's and creator's didn't exist anymore, as anybody could be a listener. There were still regulations on becoming a creator, but Josh and Tyler were playing shows already. They have been traveling to different Trenches in Dema and creating new music and it seemed like the good old days once again.

Your stomach was showing more, and you had found out that you were having a little girl. You were excited that she would be able to be sung to sleep by Tyler since Autumn was never able to experience that. You continued being a clothes maker since you enjoyed it and allowed you to stay at home with the kids since Josh and Tyler were busy playing shows so often.

Autumn had chosen to become a DNA tester just like Connor after listeners were taken away, but she was excited to be just like her older brother. The school became different now too, as everyone knew who Autumn and Connor Joseph were. They weren't really used to all this fame, but it was something that they eventually would be able to live with.

Clancy was spending more time with your family as well, especially Josh, ever since she was now allowed to go to all the shows. She was such a sweet girl, and sometimes she would come over just to talk to you about girl advice. It didn't surprise you when she ended up admitting her feelings for Josh either.

Dema was different now. It felt safer and happier. You would walk outside and hear your neighbors playing music and singing. Music, art, and media were back.

Tyler was back.

"Hey listen to this song I'm writing," Tyler walked down to the living room where you were laying with Westley.

He started to strum on his Ukulele and began to sing, "You know I've always been collected, calm and chill and you know I never look for conflict for the thrill."

"That's beautiful, Ty," you stated as you pulled him into a kiss.

"I'm so glad we're safe," he murmured into your hair that was covering your ear.

"Me too, my love."