Chapter 15

"You ready for this Connor?" Josh asked the boy who stood in front of him. Josh finished wrapping the last piece of tape around his arm, and he patted Connor on the back.

"I'm ready as I'll ever be," he shrugged as he finished putting the tape on his own body. He walked over to the window of their house and stared outside. There was a swarm of yellow as hundreds of Banditos stood outside awaiting their instructions.

"I'm surprised at how many banditos showed up," Josh exclaimed, running his hand through his hair. "

"I guess the message spread pretty fast, huh?" Connor looked up at Josh. He had fear in his eyes, but he knew he had to be brave for his family.

"Rose did a good job, I was fortunate to have found her in Trench." Josh walked over to Connor and wrapped his arms around the boy. It had been two days since they had escaped from the Dema headquarters, and it was spent getting prepared for the fight. They were constantly running and hiding from the Niner's that were hunting the two men down.

"Okay, grab a pile of torches and head out there and hand them to the Banditos," Josh instructed him. Connor went over and grabbed a handful of the Torches that Josh had gotten from the local wood shop and went out. Everyone looked and turned to him as he walked by handing them the torches.

"For Tyler," each bandito said one by one in a whisper. Connor's eyes made contact with each and every Bandito that he handed a torch too, and his own eyes started to fill with tears as he finally realized and understood why his dad did what he did. His music touched all these people in ways that could never be explained.

Connor walked back to the front door where Josh was standing. He wrapped his arm around Connor, and held him close as they looked out at the sea of yellow.

"For your dad," Josh whispered. Connor closed his eyes and rested his head on his body.

"For my dad."

Clancy ran down to the cell that you and your daughter was laying in and stared at you with a look of panic. She panted heavily as she was out of breath from running.. She walked over to your cell and kneeled down so she was face to face with you.

"The whole country is revolting, the Banditos are taking over," she announced.

"What? What do you mean?" you asked frantically. Clancy kept on looking over her shoulder.

"I don't have much time, but Josh sent a message out to all the Banditos across Dema, and they are revolting against-" her sentence was abruptly stopped when Nico slammed the door open and an angry Keons followed him

"Clancy!" he screamed. She mouthed she was sorry to you before walking up to her father.

"I told you she was up to no good, I'm not going to have any more of this!" Keons roared as he walked over to Clancy and slapped her cheek with the back of his hand. Clancy fell to the floor and grabbed her cheek with was pulsating.

"Clancy," Nico said softly as he kneeled down by his daughter. "What is wrong with you?" he directed towards Keons.

"You are not fit to rule this country, Nicolas. Look at your daughter. I've said this over and over again. You are pathetic."

"Are you okay Clancy?" Nico whispered to her as he held her in his lap. He ignored every word that Keons was saying.

"You can either prove to me that you are capable of being a ruler, or you could end up like how Tyler is going to end up."

"What do you need me to do," Nico murmured as he helped Clancy sit up.

"Dad?" she whispered but Nico was already turning around to face Keons.