Chapter 13

Word count: 859

Warnings: Violence and Angst

A/N: Hope you enjoy! I don't really have anything else to say... :)

"Connor, come here." Josh waved him over to the corner of his cell.

"What?" he looked around him at his mom, dad, and siblings who were all asleep. There was no sense of time in the cell but he had a feeling it was late at night because there were no Niners or Bishops guarding the cells.

"I have a plan to get us out of here," Josh whispered.

"But Clancy said she was going to get us out."

"We don't have time to waste, but you just have to trust me. Do you trust me?"

"I trust you Uncle Josh," Connor stood up, putting on a power stance. Josh nodded as he started to bang two plates together that were left over from dinner.

"What are you doing?" Connor screamed in horror as he watched Josh make tons of noise. His parents became restless as they slowly woke up to the abrupt sound.

"I said trust me!" Josh yelled back. Connor's eyes filled with tears as he realized what was about to happen, but he knew he had to stay strong for his family.

"I trust you."

"When I tell you to run, I need you to run. Don't look behind you," Josh told Connor.

A group of Niners come barreling into the room and a Bishop was seen cloaked in red behind them. You had finally woken up to all the sounds and fear washed over you like a wave in the ocean.

"Josh what are you doing?" you screamed. The bishop ran over to Josh's cell, unlocking it and pulling out this knife he had in his cloak. You closed your eyes and held Westley and Autumn close to you, not wanting to watch what was going to happen next. You heard muffled sounds coming from Tyler's cell but you were frozen with fear and unable to open your eyes.

"Connor run!" Josh screamed as he stood up and grabbed the Bishop's forearm that was holding the knife.

"Connor!" You screamed. You opened your eyes at the sound of your sons name and watched as your son snuck underneath the Bishop and avoided the Niners and ran up the stairs and out of the room, not even taking a look back. You watched as Josh grabbed the knife out of the Bishop's hand and threw it across the room. Josh then kicked the Bishop's stomach with full force sending him flying into the cage. His head made a cracking sound and he flopped to floor as he lost consciousness.

"I'll be back, please stay strong," Josh yelled back to you and Tyler as he ran out after Connor. You tightened your grip on your kids as you sobbed softly.

"Tyler?" you whispered over at your husband who was lying on the concrete floor. His hands and neck were smeared with black paint, and he hadn't moved or spoke much since yesterday. He made a small grunt signaling to you that he was still alive, and he was aware of what was going on.

The door slammed open which echoed through the cells. Nico came down the stairs wearing his red cloak. He walked fast, and even though you couldn't really see his face you could tell that he was upset. He went over to Tyler's cell and slammed the key to unlock it. He took steps closer to Tyler, and before you knew it he was holding him up by his neck.

"Stop!" you scream, but a Niner that had followed Nico down came over and pulled out his knife making you be quiet instantly.

"Momma," Autumn whimpered into your stomach. You held her and Westley close, covering their faces.

"Tell me where he went!" Nico demanded to know about Josh. He was staring at you while he held Tyler up who was gasping for hair.

"I don't know!" you cried out. Nico dropped Tyler on the ground, and Tyler clawed at his neck as the oxygen filled his body once again with a burn.

"Please don't hurt us!" Autumn wailed but you held her even closer, telling her to shh. You wiped her tears away and hid her face in your shirt.

Nico walked over to your cell and he slowly took off his vail to reveal his old gray skin. His eyes were black and they had a tint of sadness to them. He stared at Autumn who looked up at him with a tear stained face.

"You're a listener," he whispered and Autumn nodded slowly. Nico turned back around, pulling the vail back over his face and walked over to the Niner who was still holding the knife. "I want you to tell all the Niners and the other Bishops to go out there and find him!" Nico hollered. They left abruptly and you looked around in confusion and terror.

"Tyler are you okay?" you whispered but there was no response from him. He was knocked out cold.

"Momma," Autumn sobbed.

"Shh, it's going to be okay. I know you're scared but Uncle Josh and Connor will save us." you tried to reassure her and yourself.

They were going to come back.

Right?