different

Cory’s P.O.V

Me and Harry had been at the carnival for like 6 hours, and we were both getting really tired. Harry had won me this giant stuffed bunny, and we decided we should go so we didn’t have to carry it any longer. We were almost back at Harry’s car when my phone rang.

Ring, ring, ring.

I looked at to see a name that I really didn’t care to see, but I figured I should answer it.

“Hello Grace” I said.

“Um, hey you might want to come get your stuff, cause Tim has been boxing it up, and he said if you don’t have it out by midnight, then he is going to light it all on fire.”

“Um, okay well I can try to be there in a little bit, but on a scale of 1 to 10 how pissed is he right now” I asked.

“Like 2 fucking hundred” she said.

“Great” I said, before hanging up.

“Harry, I hate to ask this, but I need another favor” I said

Harry’s P.O.V

Cory got off the phone after what seemed like an intense conversation.

“Harry, I hate to ask this, but I need another favor” she said.

“no problem love, what do you need”

“I need to go to my house, and get my stuff, or Tim is going to burn it or some shit” she said bringing her hands up to her face and massaging her temple to show that she was stressed.

We got into the car, and drove for about ten minutes, before she started directing me down streets. Finally she told me to stop, and then jumped out of the car. She started to walk away, and I opened my door to get out.

“Stay in the car” she said in a demanding tone, turning around to look at me, and then continuing in the other direction.

“Okay” I said putting my hands up defensively, and getting back in the car. Cory reached the porch of the house, and then I heard her speak to someone. I couldn’t hear what she was saying, and then I saw the 2 girls, and one guy sitting on the porch bench. They were all smoking, and then Cory, and the one girl went in to the house. A few minutes later they came out carrying boxes. They brought the boxes down to the car, and put them in the back.

“Harry, this is my friend Grace” she said pointing to the tall brunette that was standing next to her.

“Hi Grace” I said.

“Hey” she responded.

Then they walked away toward the house again, and I just got the feeling I was still supposed to stay in the car. They came out 2 or 3 more times, and then Cory told me they were making there last trip. They went into the house, and they were in there for longer that time, and then I heard muffled yelling. I stared up at the house hoping Cory was okay, then the front door flew open, and I saw Cory first, and then some guy behind her who I assumed to be Tim. That was when I noticed he had a grip on her arm.

“Get off of me Tim” she yelled, but he still had her arm. “Tim Get the fuck off or I will call the police” she screamed pulling out her phone.

“What is this though, did you go beg your parents to take you back in, no they don’t love you so I know that’s not it. Or are you a prostitute now, you sure are slutty enough for it, and you must have really made someone happy to get a God damn range rover.” He yelled, and all of the time he was pointing at my car. I decided it was time to do something, so I opened the door to the car, and started to walk toward the porch where they were arguing.

“Get back in the car” Cory yelled.

“oh I should’ve known you little gold digging bitch, your nailing some rich kid, that’s why you didn’t want me, cause I’m not good enough” he yelled getting all up in her face. I started to walk toward the porch. He continued to yell in her face, she pushed him back, and that was when I slapped her. She grabbed her cheek, and looked horrified.

“who the hell do you think your hitting, you son of a bitch” I said angrily.

“back up rich boy” he said.

“or what” I asked stepping closer. Before I knew it, I felt this extreme pain in my cheek, I got so angry, I just grabbed his shirt, and punched him right in the nose knocking him to the ground, then I grabbed Cory, and pulled her to the car. She was crying, and I wasn’t sure if it was because she was just upset, and angry, or if she was still hurt from the slap. By the time we got back to my place, she had stopped, and now she would just sniffle every once and a while. We both got out, and walked toward my apartment.

                When we got inside, I got some ice and lay down on the couch with it on my face. Cory put on a huge t-shirt and a pair of shorts from one of the boxes, and then she came and sat on the edge of the couch, so that she was facing me.

“I can’t believe he hit you” she said.

“No I believe he hit me, but I don’t believe he hit you” I said.

“I can’t stand him, and I am so glad I never have to go back there ever again, because I met you” she said.

“I think I want to use my last question now” I said.

“Can I kiss you” I asked. She didn’t answer, instead she just leaned closer, I connected our lip, then I put my hands gently on her face, but still pulled her closer to me. I wanted her, and I could tell she wanted me to, and even though we had only known each other for a little while, I knew she wasn’t going to be just another one night stand, she was different. I took her hand, and lifted her off of me, then I lead her through the room, and into my bedroom.