issues

cory's P.O.V

The next day, I woke up around 10, and Harry was still asleep. I got a shower and quickly got dressed. When I walked out of the room I couldn’t believe how much of a mess the place was. I couldn’t even stand to be in the house anymore, because it was disgusting. There was food, cups, bottles, and clothing articles lying all over the floor. I grabbed my purse, and decided I was going to go visit grace at her job, because I hadn’t talked to her in a while. I got in my car, and drove to the restaurant called celli’s.

                When I walked into the restraint I saw Mary lee, who was one of Graces work friends.

“Hey Mary lee, is Grace in today” I asked.

“Yeah, she is in the back, I will get her.” She said.

I waited at a table for a few minutes until I saw grace walking out of the kitchen. She had a cast on her arm. She walked toward more, and I could tell she was trying to avoid telling me something.

“Hey Grace” I said as she approached the table.

“Hey Cory, what’s up” she asked.

“Nothing really, what happened to your arm” I asked.

Grace had come from a bad family situation, that only a few people knew about, but she was a really strong person. I had know grace for more then 2 years, and I had never seen her cry, or look like she was about to cry. She stared down at the ground, as I waited for her explanation.

“Tim pushed me down the steps a week ago” she said.

“Why are you still putting up with him” I said.

“God Cory, your an idiot. You are like Cinder- effing- rella. You got a rich boyfriend to save you from that, but I don’t have that luxury. I don’t have anywhere else to go. Guess what after you left, Tim started getting really heavy on drugs again, and he has been acting crazy lately.” She said.

“are you trying to justify his actions, and he told me to leave” I said.

“I am not justifying anything, but we were a family Cory. You, me, Tim, Jamie, and Kyle; we all came from bad situations, and even though we were incredibly dysfunctional together, we still love each other as family. I miss you as my roommate even though I know you were right to leave, but with Tim’s abandonment past he is taking it hard.” She explained.

“Listen. If I could find a place for you to stay for a while, would you want to leave, cause it’s obvious that, that house is not a good place for you” I said.

“Where?” she said.

“I can ask a friend” I responded.

Before she could answer I read the gratefulness in her eyes, and I just nodded and then got up and walked away. I planned on asking Bailey about Grace later on. Even though Grace and me didn’t always get along before, I still didn’t want her to have to deal with Tim anymore, especially since he was more dangerous now. When I got back to the house I walked in to harry sitting on the couch playing video games in his boxers. I looked around the room to see the filth from the party still lying all around the room, and then I turned around and walked out of the house. I guess harry must have gotten up and came to see where I was going.

“Hey, hey Cory” he yelled as he followed me out to the lot where I had parke d the car I was driving, that was really Harry’s spare car.

“What?” I said nastily to him.

“Where are you going” he yelled.

“Anywhere but here” I said getting into the car but harry grabbed the car door before I could close it.

“What’s your issue” he yelled.

“it’s not my issue” I said.

“Oh so I have one?” he asked.

“no, I mean we have a lot of issues Harry, as a whole, and I need time to think” I said.

“are you saying you want to break up” he asked looking hurt.

“I don’t know, I just need to get away for a while, I think I am going to go stay with Bailey for a few days” I said.

“Okay” he said sadly, and then closed the car door. He walked away with his head down, kicking the grass. I didn’t want to break up, but I couldn’t stand the way he acted, and then treated me like I was lower than him.