nervous

Harry’s P.O.V

It had been about 2 weeks since the night that our condom broke. I was on my way to get a pregnancy test for cory. We knew we had to wait about 2 weeks till it would be accurate. I couldn’t wait to just get the results so things wouldn’t have to be so tense between me and Cory. We weren’t mad at each other or anything, but we were both nervous. It was like as soon as I told her what happened she got really quiet and started act weird.

                I got the test and walked into the house. Cory was waiting for me when I got home. I handed her the bag with the test in it, and she walked into the bathroom. All the sudden my stomach started to churn. I couldn’t stop thinking about what would happen if she was pregnant. It seemed like hurs had passed and she still hadn’t come out. To me that couldn’t have been a good sign, but when I looked at the clock it had only really been 5 minutes, and I know that those things take time. I started pacing, and I felt a little light headed. I knew I would be happy if she wasn’t pregnant, but it was hard to tell how she would feel. Cory was really hard to read emotionally, and I knew that she did that on purpose so that she could guard herself, but it sucked for the sake of our relationship.

                It had been about 5 more minutes since I last looked at the clock, and I still hadn’t even heard a sound from Cory. I walked over and tapped the door lightly, she opened the door and handed me the pregnancy test, and then she walked past me and sat on the couch. I looked at the test to read the words “not pregnant”. I felt this overwhelming sense of joy, and I went over and sat down next to Cory with the huge smile plastered on my face. I leaned close to her and kissed her on the cheek, but she just seemed so unreadable.

“What’s wrong babe” I asked.

“Nothing” she replied.

“Well I thought you’d be happy about this, and you just don’t seem happy” I said.

“I am not unhappy, I am just not overly ecstatic like you” she said bitterly.

“Oh I’m sorry I guess I shouldn’t be happy that my life isn’t going to be ruined” I said.

“You mean to tell me that there wasn’t even a little part of you that was excited about possibly being a father” she asked.

“No” I responded.

She got up off the couch and walked into the bedroom where she had all of her stuff. I wasn’t sure if I should go after her or not. I didn’t understand why she wasn’t happy about not being pregnant. I couldn’t even call any of the guys for help this time, cause I knew they couldn’t help with this topic, and I also hadn’t told them about the condom breaking. I went into my music room picked up my guitar and started playing a song that I remember from my old band white Eskimo. I was playing for about 20 minutes, when I heard the front door slam. I walked uo to see if someone had been at the door, and then I realized that it was Cory leaving. I figured she was probably going to Bailey’s or something.

Cory’s P.O.V

I couldn’t believe how Harry was acting, I understood that he didn’t want a baby, but he just didn’t understand how I was feeling, and he was acting like this should be the greatest thing in the world. I had actually had a small part of me that wanted to be pregnant, and I got that he didn’t understand that, but he was still just being insensitive. I sat in spare bedroom for about 20 minutes, when my phone started ringing.

“Hello” I said.

“Hey Cory, its grace” she said.

“Oh hey grace what’s up” I asked.

“Me and Bailey were wondering if you wanted to come shopping with us” she said.

“I’ll be over in 10 minutes” I responded.

I quickly changed into a pair of jeans, and my Jack Wills t-shirt, and I left the house. I decided not to tell Harry where I was going because I didn’t think he really needed to know.