♡Break The Distance♡

Non Requested Song Imagine

Y/N's POV:

"Hey, if I asked you to learn how to play this song on your guitar would you?" I ask randomly one night as me and Alex were on call.

"Yeah, I mean...I can try but I'd probably mess up" He said "That's okay" I say laying back

"Can you play it next week?" I ask "Ugh sure, want me to play it, ON THE DAY WERE THIS FRIENDSHIP HAS BEEN THRIVING FOR THREE YEARS" He yelled out.

A small laugh escaped my lips I was extremely tired my eyes kept wanting to close but I force them not too a big ass yawn escaped my lips.

"You should go to bed isn't it really late where you live?" He asked softly and I can hear him typing on his keyboard.

"I'm not tired..." I say staring at my screen with a smile "Total bull shit, now go to bed" He said I let out a sigh but give in.

"Night dork" I say "Night gamer girl" When we hang up I send him the chords for the song.

*La time Skip*

So I was in a hotel room in Mexico, I came to surprise Alex with a visit.

I have Alex's mom's number she mostly just texts me to be there for Alex when he seems off and isn't telling her what's wrong.

I told her about my plan and she agreed to help. She gave me their address and said she'd be silent when I showed.

The hotel was only a couple of minutes away from where he lives.

I was nervous that my plan wasn't actually going to work. Letting out a sigh I go on my phone and see a notification from Twitch.

-He's streaming.-

My stomach was doing flips as I go over to my contacts and press the call button.

"Hey gamer girl" He greets I didn't think he'd answer since he was streaming.

"Hi dork" I greet back with a smile. I leave the hotel.

"Hey, so I'm getting peer pressured by my fellow habibis" He said "Just admit it your a gay stoner" I say and he laughs and I join in.

"Okay wait, I'mma put you on speaker" He said and I wait outside for my uber.

"So I told them about the song you wanted me to learn to play" He said "And I told them that I wouldn't play it until I played it for you first" He explained

-Aww-

"Can you play it right now?" I ask as my uber arrives "Sure" I give the uber driver a piece of paper with Alex's address that's when I hear the guitar.

I smile and take a deep breath.

Alex's POV:

I start strumming the tune of the song. I haven't even looked at the lyrics or listened to it since I've been focusing on how to play it.

"If I had a chance.." I hear Y/N sing softly and this almost makes me stop. I wasn't expecting this.

"I'd take it faster than a heartbeat," I stare down at my guitar

"If I caught a glance," I stare up at the camera

"I'd run to you like nobody was watching" A smile forms on my face as I look back down.

"But it's so hard to get to you." I nod softly

"Cause when you see the sun I see the moon." I close my eyes

"Buckets of water, millions of clouds, miles of road just to get where you are."

"Oh I wish, it wasn't so far." her voice was so soft.

"Thousand of dollars just to be near."

"Countless thoughts of you being here." I look around the room

"Oh I wish it wasn't so hard."

"Maybe one day we could,"

"Break the distance." A smile spreads across my face

I shake my head as a small breath escaped, not believing this was happening.

"I know it's hard..." I stare up at my camera

"For everyone to understand it..."

"B-but your in my heart" I hear her sniffle

"Aw" I let out

"Though it feels like we got stranded"

"And I wish I could get to you"

"See you face to face without a screen cutting through" I furrow my brows

Y/N's POV:

Tears form in my eyes

"Buckets of water, millions of clouds, miles of road,"

"Just to get where you are"

"Oh I wish, it wasn't so far" I close my eyes

"Thousands of dollars just to be near," The car stops

"Countless thoughts of you being here" I open my eyes

"Oh, I wish it wasn't so hard" I give the uber driver his money

"But maybe one day we could" I smile

"Break the distance" I get out the car and run to his front door knocking softly.

I could still hear him play on the guitar from my phone when the door opens revealing Alex's mom

"Clouds will you please help me out," Alex's mom hugs me "I need to go and see them now" I hug back.

"Pick me up off my feet" she leads me inside "I know that it's crazy but I am ready with my suitcase by me"

"Clouds will you please help me out." She smiles "I need to go and see them now, pick me up off my feet." My hands were shaking.

"I know that it's crazy," She grabs my hands "But I am ready with my suitcase by me" She smiles and so do I.

"Buckets of water, millions of clouds," She points to a door in the hallway "Miles of road just to get where you are." I walk to it "Oh I wish it wasn't so far." I look at the pictures hanged.

"Thousands of dollars just to be near." I hold onto the door knob "Countless thoughts of you being here" I open the door "Oh I wish it wasn't so hard"

I see him staring down at his guitar he looks up and his eyes widen as he drops his guitar.

"But maybe one day we could, break the distance" I sing as I drop my phone and attack him in a hug he falls back in his chair and hugs me back.

He pulls me away and stares at me "Just had to make sure this is real and OH MY FUCKING GOD IT IS" he pulls me back in the hug and I let out a laugh as tears escape my eyes.