°Congratulations°

Sequel to Helpless and Satisfied. This is also passed a couple years~

____________

I sit back on my chair scrolling down to all the work I finished up with today. Satisfied with the productive day it has been I grab my purse and make my way out the office.

Alex has started this small business online which I had taken part in working with. So before leaving I peek into Alex's office only to see him going through stacks of papers.

I nibble the inside of my bottom lip giving the door a small knock causing him to look up. The room was pretty dark; the only source of light given from the lamp on his desk and the screen on his computer.

"Just wanted to let you know that I'm heading out" I say and he nods while going back to the papers.

"Alright, see you tomorrow and drive safely" I nod ready to go but stop myself to take another glance at him.

"You should really take a break" I suggest while fixing the strap of my purse. His eyes meet mine "I can't do that. Not now at least" He said rubbing the back of his neck while going over to his computer.

"If we don't find sponsors soon everything will go downhill" I stay standing at the entrance "There's no need to worry about me" He looks back giving a small smile of reassurance.

"You're my friend it would be bad if I wasn't worrying. You are also my best friend's husband and I'm just going to say that it isn't good for a married man to always be behind his desk." I say taking a step back "You should spend more time with Ani" This causes his brows to furrow but he nods understanding none the less.

"Definitely noted...Did she say anything to you?" He questioned "No, she's way to understanding to even admit that she misses you at home." I say shrugging softly. "I'll see you tomorrow. Say hey to Ani and the kids for me"

"Sure thing and say hi to Oscar for me" I force a smile on my face at the mention of my husband's name and wave goodbye before leaving.

As I make my way down the hallway I see Charlotte and she smiles softly giving a small wave which I return as we pass each other.

I couldn't help the weird feeling from forming when leaving the parking lot.

____________

When I'm home the first thing I see is a mess in the living room and Oscar sitting there watching TV.

I pick up the trash throwing it away, gather up dishes just to walk in the kitchen seeing a pile of even more in the sink.

I roll up my sleeves and start washing them up. "Oh, you home hun?" I hear Oscar from the living room and mentally roll my eyes "Yes," I say continuing on.

"Come over here, tell me about your day" He asked and I just drop the spoon I was washing into the sink to dry my hands off. "Can you bring me a coke?"

He gives zero shits. Probably just wants me to go to the living room to 'talk about my day' just so I can hand him a freaking coke.

I get a glass cup from the cupboard and grab myself a bottle of wine. As I enter the living room he stares up at me "My coke?" He questioned from the sofa "Oh, my bad. I forgot about it" I say sitting down and kicking off my heels.

"How was work?" I opened the wine "It was okay. Just a bit busy but nothing to-" I stop noticing his attention on the TV while he nods and laughs a bit "That's great hun" I roll my eyes and pour myself wine.

I lay back staring over at him Why did I even marry him? A year in our marriage and he got fired. Now being unemployed almost four months and every time I ask him about searching for a new job he would always say he's trying...