07

IT WAS A RAINY THURSDAY MORNING WHEN NEWT SCAMANDER DECIDED TO ASKED HIS NEIGHBOR OUT ON A DATE

He nervously paced around the living room gathering his thoughts while Jacob was siting excitedly for Newt's announcement. For Jacob he knew how nervous Newt could be but this time it felt completely different because this time it was about a woman. A woman named Tina Goldstein of course. And Jacob couldn't have been happier for his best buddy Newt.

For the past two weeks Newt either left to Tina's apartment for some cup of tea or Tina came over to Jacob's to check on the cats that Newt rescued a month ago and have a nice pastry Jacob baked in the last minute. One thing for sure was that Jacob wasn't aware of Newt's promise to Tina but he did knew something amazing was blossoming between the two.

"What do I say to her? Where do I even take her? What should I wear?" Newt ranted on and Jacob tried to listen every word.

Jacob sighed as he continued to watch Newt hopelessly pacing back and forth unsure of his plans. "You know Newt, it isn't where you take her or what you wear. It's where you two will enjoy each other's company. It can be a homemade meal and watch a movie together on the sofa. Nothin fancy." Jacob explained carefully for Newt to understand.

Then something clicked in Newt; a fantastic idea.

All the worries left him and gave Jacob a hug as a thank you for his help. Jacob was taken aback but smiled almost immediately.

"So you want me to prepare a nice meal for you and Tina," Jacob said excitedly. "Oh I can't wait-"

"-Actually Jacob I was wondering if you could teach me how to cook for her." Newt replied nervously.

Jacob's smile grew bigger. "Of course I will...but try not to burn my kitchen. I know I'm only a baker but I do make a damn good pasta." He said with a chuckle.

So for the rest of the afternoon, Jacob encouraged Newt to finally ask Tina out. Every single time Newt was half way through the front door, in the last second he walked back inside and sat down on the couch. "Nope can't do it,Jacob." He said each time it happened.

At this point Jacob was beginning to lose hope.

"Oh come on, Scamander!" Jacob said, grabbing Newt's attention. "Clearly this girl likes you. Go for it, I believe in you buddy. If you don't I'll kick you out of this apartment...wait maybe I'm too harsh. Hm okay no dinner? No no no....you know what I mean. Take this one shot, what can you lose?"

Newt stared back at him with wide eyes. "I don't know Jacob, maybe her friendship? I really like her but what if I ruin what we already have? I mess up on everything and you're aware of that. Bloody hell..." Newt replied in misery.