12

NEWT FOUND TINA

NEWT FOUND TINA.

Newt wrapped his arms around Tina, feeling Tina embracing his warm touch. She relaxed for a brief moment and grabbed Newt's freezing face with her hands, tears falling down her cheek. Newt leaned his forehead against hers, finally allowing himself to relax. He found her. She wasn't hurt, she was alright. The feeling was something new to them, it was a good feeling. Something difficult to describe but the both of them knew exactly what it was. No words were exchanged just yet, it was just the sound of them trying to catch their breath.

     Meanwhile, Theseus leaned against the door, finally able to relax and think clearly after the whole insane thing. He was truly amazed to see Newt happy- something that he been hoping for years for his little brother. A memory of Leta flashed into his quiet mind, and this time he allowed the old warm feeling. He accepted what had happened and was trying to move on. It was a slow process, but Theseus was getting better.

"I'm deeply sorry, Newt." Tina whispered, not letting Newt go. "I wasn't thinking clearly...I didn't mean none of the words I said. Please forgive me."

"T-Tina, it's okay." Newt said, gently. "I know you didn't mean it. I'm sorry for not helping you or being there for you. The most important thing is that you're safe and being here with us."

     Queenie stood next to Jacob, smiling at Tina and Newt. She was extremely happy that Tina had someone as caring as Newt. Jacob was right about them. When he first mentioned it to Queenie, she did not believe it. Of course she wanted Tina to have someone who loves her, but after what had happened- she never thought the day would come.

     Tina and Newt let go of each other. Queenie took the chance and began to walk toward her, closing the gap between them.

"Hiya Teenie," Queenie said softly as she could. Once the Goldstein sisters embraced each other, they allowed tears to stream down their cold faces. Queenie smiled and looked at Tina's face.

     It almost did not feel real.

"Tina, you cut your hair at last! Oh, you look so gorgeous." Queenie said, remembering the many times Tina said she would cut it.

Tina nodded. "You look the same as usual." She laughed.

     It started to rain again, making everyone stumbling around to grab their umbrellas and go home. Jacob held Queenie's hand as they walked down the street as Queenie held the umbrella.  Theseus gave Newt his umbrella and walked behind Jacob and Queenie, not bothered with the rain pouring down at him. Really he was pretty much aware that he was already getting sick soon. And finally Newt and Tina linked their arms together and walked behind all of them.

     There were no words exchanged, simply the sound of rain kept them occupied.  It was a nice night for the Scamander brothers and the Goldstein sisters able to be reunited.

When almost a week had passed, there were sad news to be told. Theseus asked Newt to return with him to London; to go back home. And Newt did not hesitate to agree, he missed home very much. And it pained him to leave Tina, Queenie, and Jacob for some time.

Tina was sad, no doubt about it, but she supported Newt's decision to return. Theseus thanked Tina for that. It was Queenie and Jacob who did not want Newt to leave so soon, but the Scamander brothers had their own lives in London.

So on the day they would leave, Jacob preparer a nice breakfast for everyone. Next to the front door was Newt's case and Theseus's bag, all set to leave. They ate, shared memories, and time flew by faster than expected. Tina laid her head on Newt's shoulder, listening to Theseus's funny "embarrassing " childhood stories, while Newt's face turned brightly red.

Eventually they could not stay a minute longer or else they would lose their only flight back to London. Theseus had no trouble saying goodbye, it was Newt who had the most struggle.

He shook hands with Jacob.

He gave Queenie a quick hug and a smile.

He held Tina's stare as they shared a long hug, and kissed her cheek when they departed ways.

Everyone knew it was not a permanent farewell- just a temporary one for sure. Newt would return to New York.

"You owe me a dance, Scamander." Tina said.

Newt was not the right person to dance, but he promised her anyway.

"Of course, Miss. Goldstein." He replied, closing the front door.

———