09

SINCE THAT NIGHT, TINA WAS GRATEFUL TO HAVE NEWT IN HER LIFE AND THEY BECAME OFFICIAL- WHICH BROUGHT JACOB JOY

     For the passing weeks, Tina and Newt were always together. They were either walking for hours at the city's park just talking about Newt's written (unpublished) stories or about Tina's possibilities of getting a new job- one being working at Jacob's bakery. Or simply enjoy each other's company inside their room to watch old movies which were Tina's favorites above all. It was a time where she got to enjoy the comfortable silence between Newt that would sometimes fill with his laughter that soon followed hers.

Newt felt the same way, but for Tina in particular- she become more happy than she ever been in a very long time. She wasn't ready to let it go so soon...

So on a late August morning,Tina and Newt did not realize about Jacob's recent date that left him in total awe of wonder from last night. Tina was first to notice and smiled to Newt who was clueless of what was happening to his best friend.

     While Jacob prepared his own breakfast, he hummed loudly to himself and waltzing around the kitchen, which Newt couldn't help but laugh. He was curious about the whole thing and finally decided to ask Jacob while Tina returned back to her own apartment room to rehearse for a recent job interview at a local business. He helped her prepare for the interview, but he didn't have to worry. He knew how serious and committed Tina could be for a job, she was determined in getting it. This was one of the things Newt admired Tina Goldstein.

     Newt walked toward the kitchen and sat on a stool, searching his words before he spoke. He felt since he spent more time with Tina that he hardly speak to Jacob anymore. He didn't want to be rude but lately Jacob had been avoiding the couple. Newt been wanting to ask him about it but it seemed that it wasn't the right time. He thought of his words more carefully and cleared his dry throat.

     "Jacob," Newt said. "You're in a happy mood. Business is good as usual"

     Jacob paused and smiled widely at Newt. "Oh, the business? It's marvelous, Newt. Why do you ask?" The smile never left from his face.

     "Well you see Jacob, I just want to know why you're so happy. I mean you are very happy but not this happy. Am I making sense? Sorry I shouldn't be asking you and I don't want to offend you by asking this-"

     "Newt it's perfectly alright, honestly." Jacob replied. "Okay, so last night I went on this date. And the date went very very well. Sorry for talking on and on... I just haven't been this happy since you know...since Mildred left and this actually feels like I have something special with this woman. I don't know what else to describe it, but yeah, it's something entirely special."

     To this, Newt smiled even bigger and completely understood Jacob now. He felt the same way about Tina and now Jacob had someone special. He finally moved on from Mildred and he found a new happiness with another. That's all Newt wanted for his best bud and he supposed it.