08

SATURDAY CAME AND NEWT WAS NOT READY FOR HIS DATE WITH TINA- WHICH DID NOT SURPRISE JACOB

     Newt was excited and anxious of his first date for two particular reasons. First reason was that it was technically his first date ever; he didn't know how to act or say in a date. He was afraid of ruining the day for her and simply wanted her to have a great time with him. And secondly it was Tina who he was going on a date. The most beautiful and kind woman he ever met that made him feel so many things at once that was impossible to describe. Sure it sounded cheesy but Newt didn't care.

     Jacob understood what Newt was going through since he acted the same way with his ex fiancé. He felt quite sad for a brief moment, not wanting his buddy to get hurt in the process like he did. He truly thought Mildred was the one but he was wrong. When he found out the real reason why Mildred was with him wasn't because of love, it was because she wanted money from him. She used him from the beginning of their relationship. It shattered Jacob in pieces. But what he saw in both Newt and Tina, he knew he didn't have to worry for them. Jacob knew they had a strong connection that he never experienced before and saw how deeply they cared for one another. He was happy for Newt.

     "Newt buddy you should take a deep breath first before anything else. I'm sure she is as nervous as you are." Jacob suggested, setting Newt down on the couch. Newt seemed to agreed and composed himself while gathering his scattered thoughts together. There was something bugging Newt in the back of his mind and that was Tina's ex lover and the way he treated her. Did she believe Newt would do the same things as what the man did to her? He wanted to prove her that he was a different man, he wanted to prove to her to tonight.

     "You're right, but do you understand how I want this to go perfect. I-I really like her. " Newt said, being completely honest with him. Jacob couldn't help but smile back at Newt to reassure him he knew that feeling. He wanted to give him a big bear hug and make his anxiety wash away. He couldn't thought because Newt had on a nice mustard jumper on with a nice bow tie.

     "Buddy I really do know what you're talking about and it will be amazing and one hell of a ride. Believe me you will be great and she'll love it. Be yourself that's the trick. It isn't about the clothes you wear or or how fancy the place is; it is only about her. It could be small and simple and she'll like it. Now the real question is: are you gonna fix that crazy hairdo and go out with this amazing girl?" Jacob said while placing a hand on his shoulder and looked at him in the eye to make sure Newt heard him loud and clear.

     A laughter came out of Newt that caught Jacob by surprise. "What would I do without you, Mr Kolwaski?" He said smiling gratefully.

     "You'll be going hungry that's for sure and wandering around the city." He joked, remembering how lost Newt was when he first came to New York. "Enough about me, get yourself ready. You can thank me after the date, now go."