10

THESEUS SCAMANDER WAS TERRIFIED

     He remained on his feet with his hands down on his side, unable to move a single part of his body. He heard his heart pounding against his chest. He felt his face cold from standing too long outside in the freezing air from a while back. His mind was searching for the right words or how to properly act around his younger brother Newton. He knew what he had to say, but he did not know how to execute his words to make it sound that he truly regretted what he did.

     He regretted for leaving his little brother alone. He was the older brother. He was supposed to be the strong one, the braver one, the protector of his brother from the dark world. Theseus Scamander failed his brother, Newt.

     Stupid...selfish...not worthy

     Theseus cleared his face from tears and breath deeply. He reached down into his pocket to retrieve his cell phone.

     The name Jacob was registered in the front screen. A couple of days ago, Jacob Kowalski called him out of nowhere and asked him to come down to New York to see his brother.

     He hardly knew the Kowalski fellow, but what caught his attention was his phone call about Newt being with him in New York. It almost felt like a sense of hope reaching Theseus.

     Earlier, he received another phone call by Kowalski, letting him know that something happened to Newt. That Newt needed him more than ever. With that in mind, it gave him the needed determination to face Newt.

     At first, he hesitated to leave his house in London. He refused to face Newt, especially after their fight. But he deeply missed his annoying little brother's presence. He knew he needed to patch things between them. So he waited and waited until he found the courage to purchase a plane ticket and fly himself to New York.

     He still could not believe where he was standing. He stood outside the apartment building hallway, continuing searching for the right words. Eventually the manager asked if he was lost and Theseus jumped.

     "Sorry, " Theseus said. "I'm just heading my way."

     Theseus avoided the elevator and straight toward the set of stairs, each step he took was terrifying. He knew he was only scared if he had lost Newt the moment the words left his mouth from all those months ago.

     By the time he reached the correct floor, there was a feeling of sadness surrounding the whole floor. He walked down the hallway and began to softly knock on the door. And then he tried again, but harder. He desperately wanted to see Newt.

     Maybe it is a mistake...Newt doesn't want to see you bloody face. He bloody knows that you screwed up and wants absolutely nothing with you. So stop banging the door-

     The front door cracked open.

     The first thing Theseus saw was the heartbroken face of Newt's. News's eyes looked at him in disbelief. The corners of his mouth almost turned into a brief smile. The sight of his little brother looking in awe at him was an incredible feeling of warmth.