Chapter 7

I DON'T own miraculous ladybug.

Please comment, like, and subscribe.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*********************^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The ringing she heard the night before came from his phone. He was so into it he didn't hear it ring or drop.

She took a chance and hid his phone under her mattress.

She took it out and.......she saw no signal.

She should have expected as much, it would have been too lucky for her to get a phone and a signal.

Before she could realize what she was doing, water dripped from her cheek. And soon after, she silently sobbed.

She wasn't sure why she was crying. It could have been because she had no chance to escape, or her hope, after being trapped for years, was crushed.

She stayed like that for a couple more minutes, waiting for a miracle, a miracle that wouldn't come.

* * *

A small grey room waited silently for any people to come in. Even though it looked to have been recently used, the floor, chairs, and table looked to be covered in dust.

It was a small room with a large metal table taking up most of the space, an old fashioned light bulb lay above the table, with only the thinnest strands holding it up. A one-sided mirror was on the right wall, next to the door, and only those outside could see. Other than that, a small camera was hidden in a corner.

So, all in all, the room looked miserable.

A couple of minutes later, the dimly lit room was greeted with another criminal.

A cuffed man in freshly worn prison stripes sat directly from an officer.

A dark-skinned man, no older than 30, was interrogating this criminal. Though not much interrogating has been done yet it seems.

The man stared at the criminal, "So, why did you nearly rape that woman?"

The man merely grunted and looked away.

Much to the officer's dismay of course.

Then, to the man's surprise, the criminal put his head on the table and tried to sleep. The nerve of him!

How could he do something so blatantly rude and disrespectful when he was clearly in a bad situation? He could have at least tried to act remorseful!

That reaction just solidified the fact to the man that the criminal was heartless and had harbored no guilt for what he did.

He nearly committed the unspeakable, and he didn't even care.

That one fact made the man gulp and shiver in his seat.

He breathed in and out, trying to regain control of his emotions.

He stared hard into the criminal, but the madman just grinned. 

Was he-was he happy?

The man frowned, this criminal was a lot worse than he was used to. But then again, he heard about this man a lot from his superiors and other officers. They tried for years to gain evidence against him, but even though everyone knew he was guilty, they had no evidence to prove it.

That angered the interrogator. How exactly did this man get away with all his crimes? It wasn't fair that this man got away with murder, robbery, and, somehow, possible kidnapping. The police could never get a warrant for his arrest or to check his home since they didn't have evidence, but now they do. This man could finally get his just desserts, Mark Bernard would finally get his revenge.