never let go

Lara reached her hand out, linking it with Five's. "You always were my favourite, Nine." Lara smiled. Those words were comforting to her. Then, his grip tightened. "Promise me one thing, Nine. You'll never let go. Never forget me. I wanna hear you say it." Five looked at Lara with a serious face. Even if his expressions were solemn, his eyes were warm and soft. Those eyes Lara  just couldn't get enough of.  "I'll never let go."
"Say it again." But this time, his voice was different. Distorted. His grip tightened, causing Lara to look down at his whitening knuckles. "Say it!" She looked up at him. His eyes had turned black, the only parts still visible being the glares coming from the light above them. "I'll never let go..?"  His face twisted into a sickly smile. "What's wrong Five? You're scaring me-"
"Say it once more for me, love." Lara tried to pull her hand out of his grip, but it was far too strong for her, and the more she struggled, the tighter  he gripped. "Let me go!" Lara was panicking. This wasn't Five. This wasn't like him. Lara stamped her foot, causing black energy to pulse through Five, surprising him, making him drop her hand. Then, black ink started leaking out of his nose, mouth and ears, as if somebody was squeezing the paint out of a punctured tube. Out of nowhere, Five started choking, and shaking, collapsing to the ground, making Lara realise what she did. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry. I-" Then Five stopped.
"You did this to me. Don't apologise. You meant it. You monst-"
Nine woke up in her bed, covered in a cold sweat, shaking. "Five?" She called, but nobody answered. He was still gone.

END OF PART ONE !