i.

[LOUD!]

[LOUD!]

・゚

THIS WAS THE FINAL STRAW, jennie was practically fuming. her exams are in 2 weeks and she couldn't concentrate with beethoven's 5th symphony getting louder every minute.

she slammed her book shut and stomped her way over to the apartment room right in front of hers. she aggressively knocked on the person's door.

the music stopped and shuffling was heard from the other side before the door opened, revealing a blonde-haired girl wearing a big white t-shirt and blindingly bright yellow socks.

"um . . . yes?" the girl asked.

"can you stop playing that damn piano?!" jennie spat, evidently annoyed.

the blonde raised her eyebrows at the sight in front of her. it's not everyday you see a girl in pajamas wearing bunny slippers screaming at you. are my piano skills that bad? the blonde thought.

"um, sorry but no can do, i need to practice for our final project." she replied rather calmly.

"can you at least keep it down? i'm trying to study." jennie rubbed her temples.

"didn't you know? classical music helps you focus." the blonde said it like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"are you fucking ki — okay, look, it's 2 in the fucking morning. practice in the afternoon or something, people are sleeping for god's sake!"

jennie couldn't believe how stubborn the girl was being, she just wanted her to tone it down.

"i'm pretty sure we're the only ones on this floor." the latter shrugged, a smug look on her face.

jennie wanted to rip the girl's head off. she was sure this girl had to be pissing her off on purpose now.

jennie let out a heavy sigh to calm down, "can you play a calmer tune? i can't study with horror movie music playing in the background."

the blonde chuckled, "sure thing princess, enjoy the show!"

and with a wink she closed the door, leaving jennie dumbfounded. she let out a loud groan and went back to studying.

after a few minutes, she heard the oh-so-familiar sound of the piano again. but this time it was softer, more bearable, and jennie couldn't help but let the small smile linger on her lips.

that night jennie studied to the sound of a slower version of beethoven's für elise, played by her annoying neighbor.