iii.

[PLAY ME A TUNE, DARLING]

・゚

THE CLOCK STRUCK 2 and lisa smiled, strutting her way over to her piano. it was time, time to annoy a certain someone that lives across from her.

"this is for —" lisa played beethoven's 5th symphony, the song that started it all. after a few seconds, the loud and aggressive knocks from jennie came. "—you."

lisa skipped merrily to the door, looking through the peephole to see jennie with her arms crossed, eyebrows furrowed angrily. lisa let out a quiet laugh, finding the latter cute.

"yes?" lisa spoke.

"open the fucking door!"

"sorry, i'm not taking any song requests."

"open. the. door. or else."

lisa chuckled, "or else what?"

"lalisa manoban."

lisa panicked, frantically unlocking the door, "wha— how do you know my name?" she spoke with wide eyes whlist jennie rolled hers.

"maybe you should pay your bills." the korean pointed to the rent notice taped to lisa's door.

"what— oh." lisa ripped the letter off the door and crumpled it. "i swear i'm not broke."

jennie raised an accusing brow, "okay, maybe just a little. i'll pay it next week."

"please keep it down, lalisa. you've been playing loudly at exactly 2 am for three nights in a row now. i swear you're doing this on purpose."

lalisa, it's been a long time since anyone has called her that. jennie said her name weirdly but lisa definitely didn't care. it made her feel things. things that were unfamiliar to her, things only jennie made her feel.

"so what if i am doing it on purpose? what are you gonna do about it, punk?" lisa comically narrowed her eyes at the girl.

"punk . . . really? that's the best you can think of?"

"well, i don't know your name yet."

silence. complete silence. jennie just stared at the blonde's antics.

"this is the part where you say your name." lisa urged.

"it's jennie, now will you promise to keep it down?" jennie was getting tired of lisa's stubbornness, she still wanted to study.

"okay 'it's jennie, now will you promise to keep it down'. pretty name for a pretty girl." lisa winked.

"you're annoying."

"only for you, princess." jennie groaned.

"i give up! play your damn piano! i'm asking the owner to move me to another floor." jennie turned her heel to walk back to her place but lisa grabbed her arm.

"wait! i have a deal." jennie ripped lisa's hands off her but turned to face the blonde.

"it better be good."

"okay so, study at my place. i'll play you piano—" jennie groaned, "hear me out, i'll play you piano, make you some tea, i'll help you focus on your studies."

jennie narrowed her eyes at the girl, "the reason i came here was to stop you from playing the piano."

"yes, but that's because i was loud. i'll play you a pretty tune. not as pretty as you though."

jennie would never admit it but she liked lisa's compliments. annoying as the blonde was, she didn't hate her. there was something about the obnoxious pianist that jennie liked.

"fine." jennie replied.

"fine?"

"yes, don't make me change my mind."

lisa smiled from ear to ear, clapping her hands together, "great! i'll help you get your things."

✧・゚

jennie sat in lisa's living room, sipping tea and listening to beethoven's moonlight sonata, played by her not-so-annoying neighbor.

it was indeed a cycle, their own special cycle.