vi.

[IT'S A HARD KNOCK LIFE FOR LISA]

[IT'S A HARD KNOCK
LIFE FOR LISA]

♪✧・゚

LISA WAS SAD, and jisoo was well aware of it. ever since lisa saw the unfamiliar girl in jennie's apartment she's been ranting to jisoo non-stop.

jisoo couldn't handle her best friend feeling so down. lisa has always been a ball of sunshine and she felt weird seeing her be anything other than that.

"lisa, cheer up a bit! i'll treat you to your favorite chocolate shop." jisoo rose her eyebrows up and down, trying to get a reaction from the sad blonde.

"no i'm fine, i think i'll stay home tonight." lisa flicked through the channels on the tv, settling for a documentary about death. "perfect." the blonde said.

jisoo found it a little humorous how different lisa was from her usual self. the girl was hurting and wasn't afraid to show it.

"you're a loser. i can't believe how bummed out you are about it. you guys aren't even together!"

that did it, lisa got up from the couch and put on her coat. "you're right! why am i crying for a girl that doesn't even care about me?"

she stomped her way out of the door and slammed it shut, leaving jisoo relieved and confused at the same time.

a few seconds passed and lisa came back, "jisoo, i can't. i'm sad." the blonde flopped down on her best friend's lap.

the older girl sighed, understanding how attached the latter had grown to her neighbor in such a short amount of time. it was new to her, lisa was never one to latch onto feelings. it seemed the girl really took a liking to jennie.

after knowing about jennie's supposed girlfriend, lisa avoided the girl at all costs. even going as far as to parking at the very back of their complex just so there was no chance of their cars being near to each other.

at the height of her anger, she left a note on jennie's doorstep with a big ">:(" drawn with a red marker. she hoped for her "girlfriend" to see it and get scared. but what ended up happening was quite the opposite. irene saw it and laughed.

this sent lisa to a frenzy, she called jisoo over and that's how they ended up in this situation.

"you know, there's a big chance that could be her friend." jisoo reasoned out.

"impossible! the first time i saw her she said they had a 'long day' together. jisoo, they definitely fucked!" lisa sniffled.

jisoo laughed, "lisa, you're being outrageous. that could mean so many other things." the older girl shook her head.

"whatever. she already hates me anyways."

"and why would she hate you?"

"i called her a dwarf the other day, i don't think she liked it." lisa pouted.

"pfft, i'm sure she's fine." jisoo waved it off.

lisa sat up and wiped her tears, "it's not my fault she's so small . . . and cute, and fluffy, and pretty, and— oh my god i'm disgusting!" she threw her hands up.

"jisoo, help me!" she fell back into her friend's lap, jisoo just laughed.

she didn't expect heartbroken lisa to be so, what's the word, soft. she wanted to see more of this lisa, minus the tears.

she liked the idea of her best friend finally having feelings for someone. it was a shame she had to go through the lovey dovey phase and heartbreak phase so dangerously close together.

"get up, get up, get up!" jisoo repeatedly tapped lisa's head and stood up from the couch, lisa looked at her in amusement.

"we're going out and you can't say no." she held onto lisa's armpits, trying to carry the blonde but failed miserably.

"to where?" lisa groaned.

"the party your complex does every year. i think it's about time you finally attend that."

"but jennie and her girlfriend are going to be there. i don't think i can handle that." the blonde sighed.

"come on, you have to move on someday! let's start now, the earlier the better."

"you know what, you're right. i'm so happy i have you in my life jisoo." lisa hugged the smaller girl.

"okay, okay, let's not get too mushy." jisoo halfheartedly pushed the girl off her, making lisa laugh.

the blonde was slowly becoming her old self again. oh what would lisa do without her best friend? if only she knew the girl she was getting jealous of was nothing but jennie's best friend too.