v.

[GIRL space FRIEND]

[GIRL space FRIEND]

♪✧・゚

JENNIE WAS THRILLED when she found out that her best friend was going to america to visit her.

well, not exactly visit her. irene, her childhood friend from korea, had just finished her studies and plans to move to america for work. 'the land of opportunity' she says.

she was going to stay with jennie for a few weeks until she finds a place that she liked. irene wasn't picky, just a little short on money.

of course, jennie was down for the idea. even offering that they should be roommates, to which irene humbly declined. the younger girl had already been such a big help to her that she'd just feel bad to accept any more favors.

"thank you for this jennie, i mean it." irene hugged the taller girl.

"don't mention it! i'm just happy i have my best friend living with me." a grin was plastered on jennie's face, there's no doubt the girl had missed her friend.

"for a few weeks." irene clarified.

"for a few weeks." jennie nods, "you know, i don't mind you being my roommate."

"jennie, you already know i can't."

"i know, i know. you can't blame me for asking again." jennie pouted.

irene just laughed at her best friend's show of affection, pinching her cheeks. she carried her luggage and dragged jennie into her apartment, "come on! we've got a lot of catching up to do."

♪✧・゚

lisa had just finished her little—but loud, piano session. she scrunches her eyebrows and checks the clock that read 2:18 am. that's weird the blonde thought. jennie hadn't come bursting into her place to tell her to stop.

yes, the piano arguments between the girls were so frequent that 9 days in, lisa just kept the door unlocked for the brunette to barge in.

it was their 34th day, lisa swore their piano escapades were like a tradition. maybe the feeling wasn't mutual.

lisa frowned, a little—no, very bummed out. they should've been at her place, drinking tea and star gazing by now. though she had second thoughts, she decided to confront jennie.

she was in front of her door, a fist raised ready to knock. lisa let out a breath, she didn't know why she was nervous, all she had to do was check on her neighbor.

one, two, three knocks. an unfamiliar feminine voice was heard on the other side of the door yelling 'coming!'. lisa furrowed her eyebrows, had jennie moved floors?

the door creaked open halfway, a girl's head popping out, "oh, hey?" she fully opened the door.

"uh, is jennie there?" the blonde tried to peek into the room, seeing no sign of the cat-eyed korean anywhere.

"yeah, she's taking a shower." irene looked behind her, "she might take a while."

"a shower? at 2 in the morning?"

irene chuckled, realizing how weird that did seem. "we had a long day." she smiled at the taller girl.

though what irene said seemed innocent, lisa couldn't help but overthink. a long day? is she hinting at something? jennie never told me she had a girlfriend. the blonde's mind flooded with questions that led her to the conclusion that jennie did in fact have a significant other.

"oh, i hope you two have a good night." lisa passive-aggressively said, waving at the smaller girl.

"uh . . . you too." irene said, awkwardly reciprocating the latter's wave. she closed the door and lisa headed back into her apartment.

she couldn't believe jennie didn't mention anything about having a girlfriend. in their 1 month of knowing each other, lisa thought there was something. she even thought jennie also had a little teeny tiny crush on her.

though the blonde really had no reason to be mad, she still was. a tiny part of her heart was happy that jennie was gay, but oh how she wished it was her instead.

"i guess jennie has a thing for smaller girls." the blonde dramatically sighed, observing herself in the mirror.

"maybe if i was a little tiny bit smaller . . . " lisa pinched her reflection to make herself shorter, "what am i doing!" she threw her hands in the air and plopped down on the couch.

she murmured all she had to murmur into the fabric of the couch, occasionally looking up to breathe. this went on for about 7 minutes until the blonde got tired and drifted off to sleep.

this is it, lalisa manoban had officially gone crazy. all for her cat-eyed neighbor.