Grape Soda

Title: Hello Gay Man, I'm Gay Too (MarcoxAce)

Summary: One-shots centering around Marco and Ace being a silly and mushy couple together (because I'm that cheesy) whether pertaining to canon or AU. Ace, Marco, Izou and  Thatch are on a boat together.

Character(s) Focus: Portgas D. Ace, Marco

Warnings: Profanity, fluff

Disclaimer: One Piece, its characters, and its plot, all belong to Eiichiro Oda. I do not own them. I wish I did ;-;

Notes: This wasn't originally how I planned this to go? Eh, oh well. Honestly, it might be harder to make more updates because it's the end of the school year. Lots of tests looming in the distance. I won't disappear completely though :3

—————

"Shit..." Ace mumbles, purple foam now dripping off of his hands. Marco stares at Ace with wide eyes, slowly processing what happened.

"What the hell, Ace." Marco sputters, and Ace winces in sympathy. Now Marco has grape soda all over his pants, and what a damn shame! They make his ass look fantastic. Not that he cares... Marco just has a really good looking butt, that's all.

"Hah! I can't believe you fell for it!" Thatch says, his entire body shaking with laughter.

Ace tries to glare at his unhelpful friend, but really, what else had he been expecting when Thatch offered that soda to him? Thatch's go to quota ninety percent of the time was pranking everybody around him within a five mile radius. Ace was more mortified with the fact that it had ended up in Marco's lap; he could only hope that it didn't show on his skin just how embarrassed he was.

Izou walks towards them with a towel and a scary look on his face. His red lips are twisted into a scowl, and he doesn't hesitate to show his vehemence by stomping one red heel onto Thatch's foot.

Ace feels half satisfied, and half sympathetic towards Thatch when he howls painfully and begs Izou for his forgiveness. 

Ignoring Thatch, Izou continues to walk over towards Marco with a nonchalant smile on his face, saying, "Here you go darling, I'm terribly sorry about him. Thatch can be overbearing at times...." said man groans in pain from another corner of the small ship.

"Ah, it's okay," Marco smiles back nervously, his hands shaking a little as he accepted the towel, slightly more wary of Izou than moments prior.

This was the first time Marco had agreed to come out with all of them instead of just with Ace. Marco was a quiet individual, and having been labeled as someone who was cold hearted by the majority of the student population did him no favors. Ace knew Marco better, and although Marco was someone who was rather closed off, when you got to know him, Marco was a really sweet guy. His personality was warm and funny, and his smile shown like the sun when Ace got the privilege to see it. He wanted Izou and Thatch to see that too, because Marco was amazing and didn't deserve the presumptions the rest of the school made about him.

"You may be okay with it, but that doesn't mean you don't need an apology," Izou huffs, grabbing Thatch by the neck of his ear.

"Ow ow, OW! Okay! I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" Thatch squeaks out in pain.

Marco looks unsure how to respond to this, so Ace steps in saying, "Don't worry about them, Marco, they secretly love each other to the moon and back."

Izou and Thatch both begin to sputter out words of denial as Ace laughs at them, intertwining Marco's fingers with his. Marco chuckles, smiling wide as they all goof around on a boat with two dozen packs of grape soda.