Camping Trip

Warnings: Mentions of cute animals eating each other, and swearing.

Disclaimer: One Piece, its characters, and its plot, all belong to Eiichiro Oda. I do not own them.

Notes: I think it's been a while since I've posted anything for Marco and Ace lol. Honestly, I haven't been into One Piece as much lately, but I think that's mostly because I've been distracted by other things. I don't think I'll ever stop loving One Piece though, and I plan to continue on updating this whenever the mood hits me :)

That being said, this was inspired by a camping trip, and trust me when I say it was the weirdest camping trip I've ever been on. Let's just say that ground squirrels are giant pests, but they're alarmingly cute appearance-wise.

—————

"Are they eating each other?"

Caught off guard, Marco turns his attention towards the direction where Ace is pointing at. He wishes he hadn't.

From the very moment Marco and Ace arrived at their destination, the ground squirrels were everywhere. It wasn't as if there weren't plenty of other things to occupy their attention, like the reservoir full of birds, or the small store further into town full of fishing supplies (much to Ace's delight).

But it was a little hard to fully appreciate all the sights when everywhere he looked, ground squirrels skittered right across their path. It was made even worse by the fact that Ace had become absolutely infatuated with them, to the point where he even considered taking some of them home.

"Still think they're cute?" Marco raised a brow.

Ace rolled his eyes, "Okay, I get the point. No adopting any wild animals during the camping trip."

"No adopting any wild animals, period, you mean." Marco wasn't stupid, he knew Ace was trying to find a loophole.

"You're still mad about the eagle?" Ace pointed a look at him.

Marco had no idea what Ace was trying to insinuate with that look, but no one else in their right mind would be okay with a fucking eagle nesting on top of their car! Of course he was still mad about the eagle.

"I'm over that," Marco says instead. "I'm just saying, it's probably not a good idea to bring one of those things into the car."

Ace winced, watching the victor squirrel dragging the loser's corpse into a hole beneath the ground.

"You're probably right," Ace says, half-choking on his words.

——

"Ace."

"Marco, you said no wild animals. Amy is a sheep, she's a domesticated animal. Besides, we can't take her back! You saw what that coyote did to her Mom..."

Marco's not sure why he even tries anymore. Not that it'll stop him from avoiding this camp site for the rest of his life. Honestly, what a train wreck.