Sing Me to Sleep

Title: Hello Gay Man, I'm Gay Too (MarcoxAce)

Summary: One-shots centering around Marco and Ace being a silly and mushy couple together (because I'm that cheesy) whether pertaining to canon or AU. Yeah, this was written in Mermay.

Character(s) Focus: Portgas D. Ace, Marco

Pairings: [Marco,Ace]

Warnings: Implied character death.

Disclaimer: One Piece, its characters, and its plot, all belong to Eiichiro Oda. I do not own them.

Notes: Sorry, this one is pretty short, and it was meant more for Mermay... but oh well? Also, I'm editing the chapter called Train. Honestly? I feel really ashamed of it and it never went the direction I wanted to take it.

————————

They're hauntingly beautiful, specks of gold seem to shimmer across their skin, and the way the scales overtakes his bottom torso is ethereal. Their eyes, they seep into Marco's soul, crinkled in both mirth, and understanding.

From a distance, he hears shouting, his loved ones tied to masts scream for him to come back.

But well- Marco chose this. What better way to die than at the hands of one of the mer?

And he feels relieved, when those scaly, shimmering arms gently encircle his waist. Red lips enclose his, slowly, gently dragging him further out to sea.

He feels elated at the prospect of being at the mercy of this gorgeous creature.

In the end, has he ever really felt more alive than at the hands of death?

————————

Ace has led many into the depths of the sea.

He gently lures them into the water with his voice. He takes men. He takes women. Children are the only exception. He isn't as heartless a creature to steal life from the young.

He'd barely gain anything from them anyways.

It's not a bad way to die. Not like most would think.

A single kiss draws life from their bodies along with their burdens. They die in peace, having no regrets after Ace takes them away.

The blond sailor with his cerulean eyes is no different. However, Ace is surprised to not taste as much regret as he does love on his tongue.

 It's overwhelming, to say the least.

He knew why the man wanted to die, but he was half-tempted to bring him back up to the surface. 

Even as he was thinking this, the man's arms grew slack around his neck. The pressure on his lips grew soft and his eyes closed. one. final. time.

All men die eventually, Ace knows. 

It's still bittersweet.