Legend of the Phoenix

Title: Hello Gay Man, I'm Gay Too (MarcoxAce)

Summary: One-shots centering around Marco and Ace being a silly and mushy couple together (because I'm that cheesy) whether pertaining to canon or AU. Sabo tells Ace and Luffy a bedtime story.

Character(s) Focus: Portgas D. Ace, Monkey D. Luffy, Sabo, The Phoenix

Warnings: Profanity, mentions of character death

Disclaimer: One Piece, its characters, and its plot, all belong to Eiichiro Oda. I do not own them. I wish I did ;-;

Notes: I'm finally done with all my tests! Now I'll be able to update more often, I'm super excited to continue practicing writing :D

—————

"There's a legend about the well in the garden. One day, many, many centuries ago, a young prince stumbled across the well and decided he wanted a drink.

So the prince dropped the bucket attached to the well by a rope, and began lowering it into the well.

When the prince finally pulled the bucket back up from the well, he noticed that the water was glowing strangely. However, the prince was very thirsty, so he began to drink it anyways-"

"This story is stupid, why the hell would anyone drink glowing water?"

Sabo glared at him, holding a finger to his lips as he hissed at Ace. "Be quiet! This is just to get Luffy to go to sleep!" He exclaimed, still trying to whisper.

"What happens next, I wanna know, Sabo!" Luffy says excitedly, and Ace relents to his fate that night.

"Ahem, well, back to where we were," Sabo says, casting his eyes to Ace suspiciously, "The prince drank the glowing water, but nothing seemed to happen after having done so. So the prince walked back to his castle, just in time for his coronation.

However, the prince didn't know that someone was planning to kill him that day. His would be Assassin shot at him with an arrow, but it went straight through him! The prince burst into blue flames of fury, transforming into a mighty Phoenix!

The prince chased the man off, and became king of the land. The end."

Both brothers guffawed as silently as they could when a loud snore escaped their little brother.

After a moment of content silence, Ace asked, "So how does it really end?"

"Well-," Sabo pauses, trying to find his words, before finally saying, "After being transformed into a Phoenix, he was cursed to live forever."

"Huh," Ace responds. "That sounds very lonely."

^*^^*^

"You figured it out from a bedtime story your brother told you? I must say, it's impressive you figured out so much from so little, yoi."

"Well, I can't take all of the credit. Sabo was the smart one, after all."

"On the contrary, Ace, was it?" The man grins brokenly. "You're the one who fought his way into my castle, broke past all of its defenses, and cracked the hidden mystery of the well I found all those years ago."

"Yeah, well," Ace grins, his fists becoming encased in flames, "Sabo's dead, so I guess I'll just have to do his job for him."

"Fire, huh?" Marco's eyes fall shut, seemingly pondering something. "Maybe he's not as dead as you think he is?"