Prompts For You

Title: Hello Gay Man, I'm Gay Too (MarcoxAce)

Summary: One-shots centering around Marco and Ace being a silly and mushy couple together (because I'm that cheesy) whether pertaining to canon or AU. Here's some apology prompts from me to you.

Character(s) Focus: Portgas D. Ace, Marco

Warnings: Profanity

Disclaimer: One Piece, its characters, and its plot, all belong to Eiichiro Oda. I do not own them. I wish I did ;-;

Notes: I'm at the point where it's the end of the school year, so I apologize for the delay. It's kind of hard to make it out of school without passing out for a few hours afterwards. I'm still busy, but by the end of May I should be regularly updating again. I decided to throw in several prompts in here. Firstly: because they're short, and Two: It's an apology for not being around to update as often.

—————

The Interrogation Prompt:

"You had time to call the police, why didn't you?" the man interrogates with a laid-back manner- something that Ace hadn't expected from a cop.

"I've answered that question several times," Ace replies, because he's getting sick and tired of this charade.

"Why don't you humor me," the man drawls out, his eyes never leaving Ace. He may seem like an easygoing man, Ace notes, but he was still rather intimidating.

"I didn't want to risk leaving my br- Luffy alone," Ace says stumbling around his words. He can already feel himself breaking out into a nervous sweat. He couldn't tell him that, or Luffy would be shipped off to some unknown part of the country where Ace would never find him.

Marco's eyes narrow slightly, catching Ace's gaze. After several beats, Ace shifts his eyes to his lap.

—————

The Stranger Prompt:

Marco's entire body feels like a breath of exhaustion, it circulates from deep within his core and all the way to his brain cells. He can feel the corner of his eye madly twitching from straining to read countless sheets of numerals.

With the prospect of a soft bed, he more than willingly stumbles to the door leading into his apartment. He fumbles blindly in his pocket for a moment before pulling out his key. Jamming shaped metal into the lock, the door opens with a loud 'shick.'

Inside the hallway of Marco's small apartment was a naked man with freckles dotting his physique.

Marco stares at the man in contemplation.

He closes the door, locking it tight. He steps over the naked man and makes his way to the kitchen where he flings his case onto his small counter.

Marco proceeds to go to bed, deciding he'd deal with whatever shit the naked man posed tomorrow.

—————

The Tourist prompt:

 Their community is small, but it's knit together tightly. The neighbors are childhood friends, the guy who owns the only noodle shop in town knows them by name, and anyone living here could navigate this town blindfolded. Overall, It's a beautiful place to live, a traditional sort of town, some might say. Most of the people that Ace knows either grow rice, or own one of the small stores within the premises of their very small town.

Perhaps a decade or so back, there had been more people who lived here. People who grew their food off of the land. These days, the younger generations were starting to move to the bigger more modern cities, like Beijing. Ace, however, despite the allure of a modern life, liked to live simply. 

It was peaceful out here. There was no smog clouding the skies, and he could live comfortably knowing that he had a routine to follow. Rarely anything changed except for the weather.

That's why it was such a strange and funny sight to see tourists hiking through their little town, prepped with their little battery-powered water fans and cameras. They were amusing to say the least, if not annoying. It was strange today.

Usually, they weren't so- so attractive

"Hey, Ace," his brother says, fanning himself with his straw hat, "he kinda looks like a pineapple, doesn't he?"

"Yeah...." Ace mutters distractedly.

"Looks like it'd be pretty hot, in that leather jacket of his," his brother commented, curiously glancing back at Ace, who was failing to form any sort of coherent thought into being.

Said stranger hadn't come as prepared as some of his predecessor tourists had. He obviously hadn't been sent the status quo of what their small rural village was like, decked out in a black leather jacket and blue jeans, tight in all the right places....

"C'mon Luffy," he hears himself say, hoping that he wasn't turning red. "Gramps told us we have to be back by supper..."

"What? No! Just a little while longer!" Luffy pleaded, eyes shining fearfully, fists clasped together, and his knees shaking in a way that told Ace he might make a run for it. Not that Ace didn't share the sentiment.

—————