Chapter 10

Moonfrost stalked silently along the path, silver fur prickling and icy blue eyes hard. Less than a moon sense she was made a warrior, and she was determined to prove that she was a skilled warrior.

Leaping on a mouse a fox length away, moonfrost suddenly heard a rustling in the undergrowth.

Spinning around, she lost sight of the mouse as it disappeared in between some roots of a near by fir tree.

The rustling stopped, then started again as a silver shecat stepped out of the ferns, her ice blue eyes calm, yes curious.

Moonfrost growled, stalking over to the shecat, and standing over her, fur bristling aggressively.

"Who are you? And why are you in stormclan territory?" Moonfrost snarled at the cat, who remained unspooked, yet had the soft air of a kittypet.

"I came to see brackenstar." The shecats voice was hard, surprising moonfrost. I guess not all kittypets are soft as they look.

Grunting, moonfrost swung around, jerking her head toward camp. "This way then." Without another word, moonfrost led the kittypet towards camp.

What will father do to me when he sees i brought a kittypet home? The thought almost stopped moonfrost in her tracks, her eyes widening.

An impatient sigh from behind her made her look at the kittypet, who was digging her claws into the ground and looking around the forest.

Seems in an awful big hurry to see brackenstar... What if she wants to join the clan? Alarm shot through moonfrost. A kittypet cant be a warrior!

Struggling with her thoughts, moonfrost caught a whiff of the shecats scent, warm and soothing, and hauntingly familiar. But she couldn't remember where it was from

Shaking her head, she saw the shecat staring at her with scorn. "Hurry up, ya fur ball. I need to talk to brackenstar. Its about something very important."

Moonfrost bristled at the barbed tone, then turns and stalks toward the camp. I hope father shreds the kittypet. I could use some soft kittypet fur in my nest.

Pushing through the brambles that made up the entrance of camp, moonfrost looked around, hoping to see her father, but only seeing willowpaw and mousefeather beside the medicine den, an freckleheart beside the elders den.

The shecat following her, moonfrost raised her tail in greeting to her sister. Willowpaw looked up at moonfrost, then at the shecat behind her with curious blue eyes. Hurrying over, willowpaw ignored the exclamation from mousefeather.

"Moonfrost what are you doing with a kittypet?" Willowpaw whispered as she gets closer, her eyes darting to the curious, and slightly desperate visiter.

"She wanted to talk to brackenstar." Moonfrost raised her voice, explaining to mousewfeather as well. Freckleheart got to his paws, and padded stiffly over, and glared at the kittypet.

"Why in starclan is there another kittypet here? Havent we done enough?" Freckleheart snarled, his amber eyes flashing.

Moonfrost looked at willowpaw, baffled, and saw her own confusion reflected in her sisters eyes.

"Brackenstar is on patrol near the lionclan border. Willowpaw, go fetch him for me." mousefeather muttered as he limps over, his eyes dull with sickness.

Willowpaw nods and disappears through the bramble entrance, leaving the shocked blue eyes of the kittypet to follow her.

Looking at mousefeather, moonfrost suddenly understood why brackenstar was forcing willowpaw to be a medicine cat. The old tom looks like a flea could knock him down, just by jumping too hard on his back.