•3

F/B = Favourite Breakfast

Rantaro's POV

After Y/N and I worked out what happened, and we made a deal that she could cash in a favour at any given time or place of her choosing, we just sat there... and talked. Just like before we were called to the gym. I filled her in on what happened after she stormed out, and that the others actually gave me the motivation to talk to her again.
"Yeah.. they actually made me aware of what happened, I guess." I said, after my brief explanation.
"Huh.. damnit." She said, clearly thinking about something.
"What happened? You okay?" I asked, a bit of concern underlining my sentence.
"Yeah.. I just kind of lashed out at the others too - especially Kaede. Now.. everyone's probably pissed." She explained.
"I'm sure they're not mad at all. I mean, they were on your side once you left, remember?" I reassured her, putting my hand on her shoulder.
"I know... but I don't want to have some sort of reputation around here as a psychopath or something." She expresses her thoughts. "Especially since we're in a... yknow."
"Yeah.. I know." Nobody really wanted to talk about the fact we were in a killing game. It was understandably a sensitive topic.
"Oh, I almost forgot!" She exclaimed, trying to change the topic. "How's your chest?" She pointed at me, with a nervous chuckle.
"What do you mean?" I questioned.
"Well, I know I'm not super strong or anything, but I did kinda punch you pretty hard while I was enraged. I thought I must've made at least some impact." She explained, chuckling again.
"Oh, I think you might've fractured a bone, but I'll be fine." I teased, hoping to get some sort of reaction.
"Ha ha, very funny. Damn avocado." She muttered sarcastically.
"Avocado? Is that supposed to be an insult, little miss artist?" I tried to find a good comeback, but my mind left me dry.
"Somewhat. But hey, it's not as bad as "little miss artist." She pokes fun at my comment while laughing a bit. Though, she was right, I wasn't exactly thinking very much when I came up with that beauty.
We teased back and forth for a little bit, until we just started talking casually about anything and everything. Except the killing game, of course... it was just too uncomfortable to mention, let alone have a conversation about. Before we knew it, it was nighttime. The announcement came up on the TV in front of us.
"Oh damn.. have we really been talking for that long?" She said, taken a bit aback by how late it was.
"I guess so." I let out a small chuckle while standing up. "Well then, I guess I'll see you tomorrow, Y/N."
"Hey, not yet!" She protests. "If we say goodbye now, then it's gonna be super awkward on the walk to the dorms..."
"Ah, of course." I begin, "Actually, is it just you want to avoid the awkward silence, or do you not know your way back yet..?"
"I know my way back. I had more time to explore, since I stormed out..." I noticed she lowered her voice a bit at the words stormed out.
"Okay, I get it. Now come on, stand up." I encouraged. "Unless you're so tired you need a piggy-back ride again."
"Gee thanks." She stood up. "But I'm fine."
"Alright. I forgot a strong independent lady like yourself would never rely on a degenerate like me." I teased.
"Alright, dummy, lets go." She tried to ignore my comment, but I continued to pester her, just for fun.
I must be turning into Kokichi, I guess.
"I swear, you're acting just like Ouma. Here I was, thinking you would never stoop to his level, even as a degenerate." She took the words right out of my mouth. "Well, here we are." She announced as we arrived inside the dormitory.
"Well then, goodnight Y/N, I will see you tomorrow." I walked towards the door to my room, but dramatically stopped and looked at her. "You're welcome for escorting you to your room, m'lady." I pretend to tip a hat to her.
"Night, Ultimate Avocado." She said, waving to me as she unlocked her door and went into her room.

Y/N's POV

Wow... what a day.
I flop my body down onto the bed, twiddling my thumbs. I was thinking about the killing game, but then remembered that nobody here would hurt anyone, let alone kill someone. Well, Tenko or Kaito might hurt someone, but I don't think either of them could go farther than that. I decide to sleep in my clothes for the night, it's not like I don't have other outfits in my closet.
I thought sleeping would've been easy, but alas, my mind was running wild with infinite thoughts and 'what if's'. I tried to stop thinking about everything, but I couldn't. I tried to just ignore those thoughts, but I couldn't. I tried to find something tamer to think about.
God.. what about... uh.. oh! The favour I have from Rantaro! I wonder what I could use that for. I doubt I'll need to use it for anything drastic, so probably just something small.
While thinking about the possibilities, I fell asleep.