•5

Rantaro's POV

I rush to my dorm after Y/N woke up. I open the door, only to be met face to face with papers scattered across the floor. I hadn't been sleeping much lately, but it was worth it. I had to find out who put everyone through this hell. I could remember bits and details from the 52nd killing game, such as the basic information from the cases, but I couldn't remember what it all led up to. I know that the last of us were left after Tsubaki's death, and then, I started to investigate the circumstances of what was going on. Once I exposed the mastermind of that killing game... I don't know what happened after that. I just know that now, I'm here, with the Survivor's Perk. Luckily, I have a lead this time — the hidden room in the library.  I just need to figure out how to get in there, and then this will all be over, once and for all.

Y/N's POV

I stand up, a bit shaky. I put on my F/C shoes and head out the door, locking it behind me.
How did Taro even get inside my dorm..? Strange. I'll just ask him later, I probably left it unlocked like an idiot.
I see Kiibo, panting. I wonder what happened?
"Hey.. Kiibo. Are you okay?" I tilt my head in worry.
"Shh! Be quiet! He can't know I'm here!" He puts a finger over his.. mouth? Is that considered a mouth?
"Oh! Uh.." I whisper. "Who?"
"Kokichi. He's been chasing me all day, making robophobic comments." He explains, grabbing my wrist. "He'll find me eventually, let's go somewhere else."
I think I'll spend some time with Kiibo. Afterall, I do need to apologize for lashing out at him yesterday.
"Alright, lead the way." I smile.
We walk cautiously towards the AV room. We talk about our talents, how to get out of this hellhole, and of course, how goddamn annoying Kokichi is. I felt like we grew a bit closer today.
"Oh yeah.. Kiibo.. I'm really sorry for lashing out at you yesterday. I was pissed at 'Taro." I scratched the back of my head.
"It's alright, Y/N!" He smiled. "Also, who's Taro?"
"Oh.. I meant Rantaro." I slap my forehead, trying not to die of feeling stupid.
"You guys have nicknames for eachother, how adorable!" Suddenly, Kokichi appeared behind us, with his hands proudly on his hips.
"Kokichi, what the hell?!" I jumped. "Kiibo and I are hanging out together right now, can't you just go away?" He pouts at me.
"Aww, but I wanna hear more about Y/N-chan and Amami-kun's flirting!" He smiles innocently and sits beside me, leaning in with a grin. "Cmon, tell us more Y/N chan!" He whined.
"We weren't even talking about that, Kokichi!" Kiibo exclaims.
"You both said something about it, so it's a conversation topic!" Kokichi puts his hands behind his head. I stand up.
"Actually, I have to go to the bathroom in a few minutes." I make up a terrible lie on purpose, as to tell Kokichi that he wasn't welcome in our conversation. "Kiibo, could you come with me?"
"Why do you need someone to go to the bathroom with you, Y/N?" He tilted his head, clearly oblivious.
"It's alright, Kiiboy! I can go with her!" Kokichi jumps up, smiling brightly at me.
"..for fucks sake.." I mumble.
"Oh.. um, okay! See you later Y/N!" Kiibo waves as Kokichi drags me out of the AV room. As soon as we're out of sight, the rotten grape looks at me with stars in his eyes.
"Alright, girl talk! What's the deal between you and Amami-kun?" He shakes my arm. I need to steer the topic away from this.
"Wait, you like girl talk, Kokichi?" I give him a fake smile.
"Of course, who doesn't?" Score, topic has been ch- "Don't change the subject though! What's your guys' status, Y/N-chan?" Damnit.
"We're friends." I say blankly. Truth be told, the avocado-haired boy was cute and funny, but I hadn't thought about if I liked him like that. We've only known eachother for a day or two, afterall.
"Two people don't just give eachother super cute nicknames, friends or not! I bet you like Amami-kun!" He giggles with a hint of mischief in his tone. I feel my face heat up a bit.
"We've only known eachother for a day, Ouma. Nobody ever gets a crush that quickly." I shrug.
"Haven't you heard of love at first sight?" Kokichi smirks. "I'm totally telling him that you like him!" The short boy runs off. I try to chase after him, but he's a fast runner.
"H-hey! Ou-ma! C-come back!" I try to yell at him between pants.
Little asshole. I think to myself. I try to jog after him, not being able to run anymore, but I trip over myself.
"Damn... my knees." I rub my skinned kneecaps, feeling as if I just got a third degree burn. I hear footsteps getting louder and louder.
"Y/N? Are you okay?" I heard a soft, worried voice call out me. I look up and it was none other than Kaede Akamatsu.
"Hey Kaede... I'm fine. Just tripped while chasing Kokichi." I explain, still rubbing my knees.
"Here." Kaede puts her hand out to me. "You shouldn't just sit there, Y/N. Wouldn't want that pretty face of yours to be all the way down there." Odd compliment, but I take her hand.
"Thanks, Kaede..." I pull myself up and dust myself off.
"Why were you chasing Kokichi?" She asks.
"Oh, he was just off to do something stupid again. I was trying to stop him but.. he's surprisingly quick." I sigh. I wonder if he's actually gonna tell Rantaro that or if he was just lying to piss me off.
"I see..." The pianist said.
"B-by the way.. um... thanks." I stutter.
"Don't worry, I love helping people!" She smiled.
"Oh, uh.. I meant about yesterday. Thanks for going after me. I know I was super rude to you at the time, but you actually did calm me down a bit. I'm sorry for being so rude when you were only trying to help." I explain.
"Oh, don't worry about it Y/N! I'm glad I calmed you down I just—"
"OH MY GOD Y/N!" I feel something tackle me. "HOW COULD YOU?!" I look up to see a distressed Tenko.
"Woah, calm down. What.. did I do?" I say, trying not to scream at her for literally bodychecking me.
"Y-you... Y/N... you've fallen for a degenerate?!" Tenko looked like she might cry.
"Wait, what? Y/N has a crush?" Kaede looked like she was going to explode out of excitement over something so childish.
Kokichi. That little prick. He's lied to Tenko about me liking Rantaro. Tenko, of all people!
"Tenko... I..." I could defend myself, but I figured I might as well just talk to the grape myself. "Where's Kokichi?"
"Oh, that degenerate is going around telling everyone. When I came over, he was near the dorms!" She exclaimed.
"Alright, thanks. Could you.. uh... get off me? I need to talk to him urgently." I stuttered, looking up at Tenko.
"Of course, Y/N! Tenko wishes you good luck!" She said, jumping up as I squirmed my way to my feet.
"Thanks.." I dust myself off again. "See you around!" I wave, sprinting to the dorms.