•9

Rantaro's POV

As I stepped out of the dormitory, I felt a small pair of arms tackle me.
"Amami-kun! Let's hang out, since Y/N-chan is sleeping!" He said with a large smile, looking up at me.
"Sounds fun, but where to?" I asked.
"Why do you think I'd know? I didn't plan that far ahead." He said with a pout.
"Alright.. well, why don't we grab some lunch from the kitchen? I didn't have the chance to eat earlier." I suggested.
"Good idea, let's do that!" He latched onto my arm as he strutted down the pathway. We eventually made our way into the kitchen, where a few dishes with our classmates names on index cards next to them.
"I bet Mom made these! Yours is over there!" Kokichi exclaimed, grabbing his assigned plate. He looked over at mine in shock. "No fair! You got grilled cheese! I just got a salad..." he said.
"Yeah, I guess I got lucky." We walked out of the kitchen with our lunch at sat down.
"Amami-kun... I showed you mercy today, and you still haven't thanked me!" He whined.
"What are you talking about?" I tilted my head as I took another bite.
"I could've asked you or Y/N-chan about how you felt for the other person, but I didn't! And you haven't thanked me!" He explained, crossing his arms.
"Kokichi.. your question led to Y/N and I having an embarrassing picture taken of us. You didn't exactly show us mercy." I chuckled, only slightly frustrated.
"Yeah, but it could've been worse, right?" He took a bite. "How do you even feel about her anyway?" He said, food in his mouth.
"We're best friends." I shrugged.
"Don't lie, Amami-kun!" He nagged.
"Well, I mean, she's cute and all, but I'm not really looking for a relationship in this kind of situation." I explained, putting my elbow on the table.
"Did you just say she's cute? So you do like her! I mean, it's obvious she feels at least something for you - hell, you guys cuddle and hang out all the time!" His intentions were good, for once. "So stop being an idiot, and tell her!"
"Tell her what?" I asked, as if I was clueless.
"That you like her!" He said.
"I don't know if I like her like that, Kokichi." I reiterated.
"Amami-kun... we're brothers, you gotta tell me." He said with a sigh.
"No, we're not." I stated.
"You said it yourself we're like brothers, and brothers tell eachother stuff! So do you, or don't you?" He yelled. "You're getting super defensive when I bring it up, and you're being mean, Amami-Kun. So, just tell me the truth — do you, or don't you?" For the first time, Kokichi had a sincerity to his voice.
"Look.. Kokichi, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you.. okay? Just..." I thought about the two possibilities thoroughly. "Yeah.. I think I do. It's just a bad situation, so I'm trying not to accept it."
"It's okay, Amami-kun, I understand! I won't tell anyone, I promise!" Though he was acting childlike, I could tell he meant what he said.
"Thanks, Kokichi."
"Amami-kun... you need a new nickname!" I looked at him with interest. "I'm gonna call you Nii-chan from now on, capiche?" He smiled.
"Capiche.. I need one for you, though." I said.
"But then the nickname thing won't be special between you and Y/N-chan!" He said.
"Nah, this is different. Besides, you have nicknames for us." I smirked, eating the last of my crust.
"Fair enough... just don't pick something stupid!" He warned, with his index finger pointing at me.
"Alright, Ichi... or maybe Ko?" I suggested.
"Ko sounds weird.. just use Ichi." He said with a grin. "Oh yeah.. since I kinda sorta knew that you like Y/N because it's super duper obvious, I'm tryna develop a plan to get you guys together!"
"So you're to third wheel the situation?" I asked.
"Basically, yeah." He confirmed. "Speaking of which... your damsel should be waking up any minute now." He said.
"How would you know that?" I questioned.
"Research. It's only expected that an evil leader like myself would learn everything about everyone super quickly, right?" He responded. I couldn't tell if he was serious or not, given we'd only been here for a few days, which shouldn't be enough time to learn someone's sleep schedule. He was truly an enigma.
"I see. Finish the salad up, and then we'll head over." I said. Kokichi quickly scrambled his salad into his mouth and stood up with his hands proudly on his hips.
"Alright, Nii-chan! Since it's super obvious you're both just a bunch of pussies and won't tell eachother you like the other person, we have to un-pussy you!" He exclaimed. "But, you never ever do anything to show it, and she almost never ever does!"
"Gee, thanks." I said. "Maybe this was a bad idea..." I mumbled, doubting everything. Afterall, we're still in a killing game, whether we'd like to admit it or not.
"Don't say that! You got this, Nii-chan!" He encouraged.
"Right." I stood up and we walked to the dormitory in silence. When we opened the door, Y/N was still nowhere to be seen.
"Perfect, we're just on time." Kokichi exclaimed and ran over to the door, opening it. "Damn.. you need to lock it, Nii-chan! Doesn't really matter though, I could get in either way!"
He said with a devious grin planted in his face.
"Of course you could." I replied with a sigh. I walked into the room and over to the bed where Y/N was shuffling a bunch in her sleep.
"Ngh.. c-calm..." She was heaving aggressively as she mumbled nonsense.
"Nightmares." I whispered to Kokichi.
"Please... don't.. don't stay... it's not..." she gripped the sheets as her eyes shot open. She panted and heaved as if she had almost died. Her eyes immediately met mine. "H-hey... Rantaro..." she muttered out. "And Kokichi.." She didn't call me by the nickname she always used... did I do something in that dream of hers.
"Hey Y/N-chan! Nii-chan and I came to pour water on your head, but we found you giggling like an idiot!" Kokichi said with his hands behind his head.
"Ichi, don't make up dumb lies." I sneered. "We came to wake you up without water but you were moving a lot in your sleep... and mumbling out stuff... are.. you okay?" I asked, concern lacing my voice.
"Yeah.. I think so... wait, do you guys have nicknames for eachother?" She asked. "Should I consider this a brotherly love thing or..." she let out a fake gasp, almost sounding exactly like Kokichi. She gave me a look.
"Don't think of it like that Y/N..." I let out a verbal facepalm.
"Is there something going on between you two?" She teased with a giggle.
"You're one to talk." Kokichi sneered. I felt my face heat up a bit.
"Huh? What do you—" she looked up at me as I covered my mouth. "..oh." She stopped talking and stared at the ground, not bothering to refute his comment.
Maybe.. she didn't want to?
I quickly ridded myself of that thought. I looked over at Kokichi, who's eyebrows were raised.
"Ichi, too far." I said, punching his shoulder.
"No, it wasn't! She was making fun of gay people... she shouldn't just call me out like that..." he crossed his arms with a pout.
"I wasn't! Wait.. Kokichi, you're gay?" She asked with a head tilt.
"I think so?" He said with a chuckle. I'm not surprised, but I never thought he'd be telling us like this. It was weird to see his confidence crumble a bit.
"Cool!" Y/N said with a grin. Thankfully, she didn't react badly. I didn't expect her to, but you never know.
"Cool? You're so weird, Y/N-chan." He said with that shit-eating smile of his. Y/N puffed her cheeks.
"Yeah, cool! I think you're my first gay friend..." she looked at me with urgence, then to Kokichi. "What if there are other gay guys here?! We need to find out who they are so we can set them up with you!" She exclaimed.
"No way! Everyone here is obnoxious or creepy. Except for you guys..." he didn't make eye contact when he said the last part, but then he looked at us with a closed-eye smile, hands behind his head. "You guys are obnoxious and creepy!" He said.
"Gee, thanks Ichi." I commented.
"Not everyone's obnoxious! Uh... take Shinguji for example! Or Maki!" She seemed determined to find Kokichi's soulmate in our small group of people.
"Okay, but Maki's a girl." I stated the obvious.
"And Kiyo is creepy." Kokichi added.
"Alright... um.. what about Kiibo? He's not obnoxious or creepy." She mentioned.
"..Y/N-chan. Kiibo is a robot." He rolled his eyes physically and verbally.
"Hmm.. Shuichi, then!" She giggled. Ouma looked away for a split second, then pouted. I got the message pretty quickly.
"Isn't he kinda emo?" I said, trying to make sure Kokichi didn't bad mouth him.
"Saihara-chan isn't emo! He's just weird! Besides, Kaede and him are totally fucking!" His voice cracked a bit at Kaede's name.
"Huh? Ouma.. are you okay? You called her Kaede instead of Akamatsu-san.." she worried as she walked over to the purple haired boy.
"Oh, whoops! Guess my tongue slipped!" He said, smiling wider than usual.
"Ichi..." I said.
"Oh calm down! I'm fine, seriously!" He grinned.
"If you say so." I said, deciding not to push any further when he didn't want to talk about it.
We quickly steered the topic away from that and onto something else, when all of a sudden Y/N interrupted me.
"Yeah, he's kinda—" I began.
"Oh, crap!" She exclaimed. We looked at her, confused. "I have to go find Kaede, to ask her about something." She said as she stood up.
"Okay, Y/N-chan! Don't take too long though!" Kokichi said, moving away from the door he was sitting against.
"Aight'." I said with a nod. Y/N quickly waved and rushed out of her dorm. Kokichi looked at me, holding in a thought.
"Is something wrong, Ichi?" I asked.
"..she's lying." He said.
"How can you tell?" I questioned.
"Y/N-chan usually doesn't rush and worry so much about stuff.. she seemed awfully desperate." He explained.
"Yeah.. you're right. But what could she be doing?" I wondered aloud.
"Nii-chan.. do you think she's gonna kill someone?" He asked me. "You know her better than I do."
"Don't say things like that... she wouldn't do something so barbaric." I sneered.
"But what if she does? There's the first blood perk, so she'd be able to get out of here without a problem." He worried.
"No.. she couldn't do something like that, trust me." I said. With our plan, I doubted she'd murder one of us.
"But Nii-chan, Y/N-chan was obviously lying!" He said.
"Let's follow her then. Then you'll see she isn't doing anything like that." I suggested.
"Creepy.. but okay, sounds fun." He gave in awfully easily. We walked out of the dorms in silence, seeing the door out of the dormitory closing slowly. "She just left, cmon, Nii-chan." He whispered, sneaking towards the door and opening it slowly. He held it for me as I walked through it. We spotted Y/N jogging in the direction of the dining hall. We have eachother look and we soon sped off behind her.

Y/N's POV

I was thinking about the start of our conversation earlier as I ran towards the dining hall. Rantaro and I had nicknames, but he and Kokichi did as well. They comforted eachother, we're also best friends, and the grape was even gay! What if Rantaro treats Kokichi and I the same way because he thinks of us both as friends? Or worse, what if he and Kokichi like eachother? That'd be disappointing. As I brushed of those thoughts, I made a beeline to the kitchen. I shuffled around it until I eventually found what I was looking for.
"This should be good enough.. right?" I muttered to myself as I gripped a kitchen knife.
Yeah, this should be good enough to kill the mastermind tomorrow.
I stuffed the knife into the hand bag I was carrying and ran out of the kitchen, going to find Kaede. This way, if anyone asked her, I'd have an alibi.

Rantaro's POV

W-what..? There was no way...
I thought to myself as we stared at the basket in the cupboard, which was now missing a knife. I put my hands in my pockets as I glared at the counter.
"...Told you so." Kokichi whispered.

.•____•____•.

A/N: oh hey there's 20 minutes until midnight. f u n. also yeah
i ship saiouma bc it's super damn adorable

2201 words
started: may 4th, 2019
published: may 5th, 2019

<3 please vote up! <3