•11

Y/N's POV

It had been just over 24 hours. Kokichi has kept the secret, as promised, and Rantaro and I were doing well. At least in the sense that we'd only been in a relationship for a day, and things were going fantastic. Before I knew it, the nighttime announcement played. I mentally prepared myself, and grabbed the kitchen knife from under my bed. I took a sigh and shivered, knowing this wasn't gonna be an easy part of my life, but I had to get through it. I stuff the knife in my handbag and hurry out of my dorm, making my way towards the game room. On my way, I bump into Tsumugi. All of a sudden, I feel a rush of pain go through my arm, but I quickly dismiss it.
I sat in between Rantaro and Gonta, but the taller boy soon left. At this point, I was sitting beside Kaito. I looked at the clock, and saw that the time had struck 10:15PM. I tap Rantaro's shoulder, and give him a nod.
"Hey guys, we have to go do something. We'll be right back though, okay?" I stand up right after Rantaro does.
"You guys too? The plan's gonna be a bust at this point." Himiko complained.
"Don't say that, Himiko! We can do it!" Tenko ensured that everyone stayed positive during the meeting.
"Still, do they have to go?" Maki sneered. Kaito looked at us up and down and then gave a thumbs up.
"It's fine, just don't take too long, guys!" I smiled at him as we headed out of the game room, and straight to the library.
"You really think we can do this?" I ask Rantaro as we open the rear door. I take the knife out of my handbag with a sigh.
"I know so. Stay confident in me, alright?" He says.
"Alright, then, let's hurry. Inspection, start!" I say playfully, trying to make light of the situation. We try to open the bookcase together, but a flash goes off to our right.
"Hey, did you see that?" Rantaro asks.
"I did.. you go check that out, I'll check the door." I suggest.
"Alright, but if anything happens, don't hesitate to scream." He demands as he walks towards the flash. I open up the bookcase, but all of a sudden, my stomach begins to churn, and I can't move my legs. A sickening song echoes throughout the library.
"Wh-What the.." I mumble to myself. I swiftly walk away from the bookshelf to check the TV, which I soon learned was the cause of all the noise. I still feel weak in my knees, as if I might collapse. I face towards Rantaro.
"R-rantaro..!" I call his name, but he can't hear me over the song. All of a sudden, a new sound began to echo throughout the room, and I look up to see a metal shot-put ball, rolling along the top of the bookcase. I realize no matter how loud I yell, Rantaro won't be able to hear me. In a moment of fear and desperation, I take a running start towards Rantaro, dropping the knife in my hand, feeling a slight stinging in my hand as I do so. Just as I shove his shoulders, though, I feel myself slip out of consciousness, my knees going weak as I fall to the floor. It wasn't normal nausea, either. Looking up at the shot-put ball, falling on top of me, I feel my vision go hazy just before it reaches my head. Without another word, I collapse.

Rantaro's POV

I felt a shove as my entire weight is shoved towards the bookshelf. I rub my head, not having a full idea of what was going on. All of a sudden, I feel something hit my back, a little bit of the substance getting on my sweater. I look down at my sweatshirt, and see bright pink.
"...pink." I mutter as I turn around and as all of my regrets hit me like a brick, I looked down and saw Y/N's limp body. I couldn't speak, think, or breath. My entire world fell out from under me, and not being able to carry my own weight, I collapse to my knees. I eventually find the strength to pull my hand up to my face, as the gravity of the situation falling on me. Without even realizing it, tears began to fall from my face, and I let out a scream. "Shit.. shit.. this isn't funny! Don't.." my words echo throughout the library as the music stops. All of a sudden, the door opens as running comes towards me. I couldn't find the strength to look up, let alone move. Everything was gone. I believed I could stop it, but I couldn't.. it's all my fault... all of a sudden, a piercing scream is heard, and I gaze up to see Tenko. I look up to the TV.
"A body has been discovered! Everyone please make your way to the library!" That raspy voice of Monokuma's was barely heard, but what was said had confirmed it — Y/N L/N was dead. The one person who I could put my trust into, and who gave me her trust in return was gone, and she wasn't coming back. I covered my mouth to try and quiet my screams. Running footsteps ran throughout the library, each of them accompanied by someone looking down on Y/N's limp body. Some gasped, some looked away, some screamed. But one person didn't react at all — instead, they walked over to me.
"...Nii-chan..." I heard Kokichi's voice whisper as he kneeled beside me. Sincerity laced his voice more now than it had ever before.
"Don't... just.." I wiped my eyes, standing up. "It doesn't matter... damnit, where is he..." I look around, just to see staring eyes, no sight of the tiny animatronic furry. "Monokuma, get your ass in here!" I yelled, trying not to think of who laid beneath me. Monokuma appeared before anyone could react.
"What do you want?" He asked.
"The motive.. just get it over with." I said, trying not to yell.
"..the... motive?" Kaede asked between shaky breaths.
"The first blood perk." I look down at Y/N's body, tears falling once more. "She's dead, you understand? Gone. It wasn't any death either, she was murdered. So, who fucking did it!?" I yelled at the group. "Go on, you get a freebie, so just tell everyone already!" Kokichi tugged on my sleeve, probably trying to get me to calm down.
"Well, this bastard already made it obvious, but, one of you is the culprit, and since Y/N is officially dead, the culprit gets to graduate! So, raise your hand if you're the culprit!" Monokuma exclaimed, and I felt a few eyes go on me. Granted, I expected myself to be a suspect. "...well?" I looked around at the crowd, no one raised their hand.
"Come on, just do it. Raise your goddamn hand already!" I yelled at my supposed peers.
"W-why isn't anyone raising their hand..?" Tsumugi stuttered. We all sat in silence until Maki spoke up.
"If no ones gonna admit to it, now what?" She said, breaking the silence.
"Well, we do what we'd normally do!" The monochrome bear cackled. "A class trial!"
"Damnit..." I mutter to myself as everyone voices their concerns.
"Now then, please investigate the death of Y/N L/N, the Ultimate Digital Artist, to your heart's content until the class trial begins!" With that, Monokuma disappeared once again. I looked down at my sleeves, which were now stained with blood.
"Damnit..." I think aloud, as I walk out of the library. I hear footsteps racing after me, and then a tug on my wrist.
"Nii-chan.. where are you going?"
"To change my clothes. If you haven't noticed, the blood of my dead girlfriend is all over them right now."
"Oh." He continues to follow me. "You're gonna investigate, right?"
"I gotta.. I know the most about what happened, afterall. So, I need to find out who killed her, for her sake." Kokichi stopped talking. I immediately got wind as to what was going on. "Ichi, I didn't do it."
"I know you didn't, but it's gonna be hard to convince all the idiots back there. Hey, when you get back, we should investigate together. I mean, I'm not a complete idiot, and you know stuff."
"Sounds good." We enter the dormitory, and I immediately hurry to my dorm, without even saying another word to him. I get changed, trying not to think about it all, but as soon as I was in clean clothes, reality hit me like a brick.
"Damnit.. we were gonna survive... all of us. So who the fuck thought this was a good idea..?!" Not being able to think, I collapse against the door. "No... I have to do it. I have to expose the culprit, for her sake. I've told enough people I'm gonna finish this, so I can't break that promise now." I stand up, after giving myself a pep talk, and walk outside, to find Kokichi. "Let's head over to the library, most of the evidence should be there." I tell him.
As we head to the library, I can feel this weird pressure in my stomach, as if I might throw up, even though I knew I wouldn't. I guess it was normal, considering my situation. We entered the library from the main entrance, and immediately saw Monokubs, who were handing out the Monokuma File.
"Monophanie, over here!" I yell. She jumps for a moment, then waddles towards Kokichi and I, handing us both Monokuma Files.