Chapter 8 - Old Fights

Minerva was sat in the garage next to James wolf.
She had her legs crossed with the creamy wolves head in her lap, gentle massaging its fury head.

Her wolf led snuggled up to James wolfs side. They were both trying to comfort James wolf whilst he was healing up.

Minerva had washed its fur and done her best to clean his wounds. She'd set up a large bed of blankets for the wolf to rest in.
He had slash marks on his neck and down his sides. The wolf couldn't even walk without limping.

"Time I go check on James." Minerva said lifting his wolfs head off her lap.

"You stay here girl." She smiled at her wolf.

They looked so cute led together the two wolves.

Minerva nodded her said and turning to see Paul and Nate stood behind her.

"Fuck it." She jumped punching Paul's shoulder.

Paul laughed a little and Nate smiled.

"We are going on a run around our territory, make sure there isn't any other rival packs around."

"What if there is?" Minerva raised her eye brow, "You can't leave me and James here. We'd be defenceless."

"No wolf pack would attack an Alphas house." Paul said crossing his arms. "You'll be ok, we won't go far."

Minerva nodded not liking this situation. Paul put his hand on her shoulder giving her a reassuring rub. "You know it wasn't your fault." Paul said looking at James wolf.

Minerva nodded holding back her tears. "Go." She managed to say.

Nate grabbed Paul's shoulder, tugging him impatiently.

With that, Paul and Nate walked away followed by their wolves. Minerva stood, watching then walk into the trees again.
She walked out of the open garage and into the house. She walked to the back of the room, past the sofa and jogged up the staircase.

She walked along the tight corridor and knocked on one of the wooden doors.
"James?"

She him mumble, as if he'd just woken up. "Yeah?"

She slowly opened the door and peaked her head around the corner. James was lead on his side tangled up in the bed sheets.

"I came to check on you." Minerva said walking into the small room. "Paul and Nate have gone to check the perimeter."

James nodded and face planted into the pillow. He had no top of and Minerva could see the purple bruises scattered around his upper chest and shoulders.

She didn't notice but he'd been watching her with one eye. When she saw she immediately felt awkward.
James laughed at her blushing cheeks.

"I felt you led with my wolf in the garage." James spoke, his voice was rusty from all the sleep.

"Yeah." Minerva nodded. "I cleaned him up and stayed with him for a while."

"Well... isn't it your turn to pay me some attention?" James looked at her and patted the bed next to him.

Minerva hesitantly walked over, he lifted the covers and she slipped in next to him.

She felt immediately warm, his body was so hot under the covers.

Minerva turned away from him to face the door. James wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her into him.

They led there in silence for ages, James hugging her from behind.
Minerva felt safe an secure in his arms, but at the same time she was worried.