Chapter 9 - The black army

2 days past.
Paul and Nate had been busy gathering enough food and supplies to move. James had been mostly sleeping, trying to regain his strength.
Minerva had been practicing fighting. She's taken one of the mattresses off the beds outside and led it up against the wall of the house.

She stood there for the majority of the 2 days punching, dodging and kicking the soft surface.
Occasionally Paul or Nate came out and she had a practice with one of them. She never beat them though.

Paul walked outside of the house and threw a rucksack at her feet. He clapped his hands getting her full attention.
"Time to move on."

Minerva looked at the backpack for a moment.
"Why do we have to leave?"
Secretly she'd grown to like the house. Every night she'd sneaked past Paul on the sofa and gone up and slept with James in the warm cozy bed. Everyday she entertained herself around the house, cleaning for fiddling around books in the garage.

"Because, we think that the sloose pack will eventually find Katos body and they will come looking for revenge. "

Minerva nodded and picked up the backpack swinging it onto her back, and pulling her hair out.

"If it was just me James and Nate we would probably stand and fight." Paul continued. "But James hasn't fully recovered yet, and your still a trainee."

"Trainee?" Minerva laughed.

Paul chuckled slightly, "You graduate to be a proper member of the pack when you understand everything and you can put up a bit of a fight."

"How do you know so much about the Sloose pack?" Minerva crossed her arms.

"They are the largest pack of wolf Scairs, probably about 20-25 strong. And they have the largest territory. They get board and want to kill other packs for no reason, we've had fights with them before." Paul said clearly not wanting to talk about it.

"Okay."

Minerva smiled. Over the past week she'd started to feel all of them. She could almost sense what direction Paul and Nate were if they went out.
It was weird at first but now she liked it. It was like a compass but only she couldn't see what direction they went, she could feel it.

James walked out of the house and saw his wolf for the first time in a couple days. James smiled and his wolf licked his face cuddling him.

Paul's huge black wolf was waiting at the tree line for everyone.

"Where's Nate?" Minerva looked around.

"He's gone ahead. We'll catch up to him." Paul said looking at his wolf.

"I can feel what direction he went. South. The way I told him to go."

"We are going south?!" Minerva said a little shocked.

"Yeah why?" Paul looked at her suspiciously.

"I just spent the past 2 years slowly traveling north. There's nothing down south accept prey Scairs."

"Exactly." Paul nodded, "Now we have you we need to get away from any other wolf packs, in particular the Sloose."

Mincer decided not to make an argument and shut up. Even though he disagreed with his decision to go south.

James was walking over to Paul's black wolf, he no longer had a limo but his wolf did a little bit.

"Lets go."

Paul and Minerva caught up to James and they all made their way through the forest.

Paul made sure he avoided the sight were they killed Kato. He decided that Minerva didn't need to see that.