a fresh new start

"A fresh new start you could call it," my mom said, packing up the last of her belongings.
    "What if I don't want a 'fresh new start'?" I said, watching her pack. "I like my friends here, I can't just abandon them!" I said. My brother came walking downstairs.
    "Personally, I want to move to California," He said, laughing. "Do you know how nice it is over there? And, you can make new friends." I winced and shook my head.
    "I have enough friends here, thank you very much, Connor," I rolled my eyes.
    "Addy, you have to get over it. We're moving if you like it or not," My dad said. I ran up to my empty room and sat on the freshly vacuumed carpet. I lived here my whole life, I had my group of friends, New York was perfect for me. I looked outside my window and thought back of the times Connor and I would play catch in the backyard. Yes, I'm a girl, and yes, I can play baseball. Anyway, let me tell you a little about myself. My name is Addison Riley Martin, I am 14 years old. I have a dimple on one side of my cheek, light brown hair that is wavy, but it's usually either in a ponytail or straightened. My mom's side of the family is French and my dad's side is American, and I have an older brother.
    "Let's go, Addison!" My mom yelled. California, here I come.

Hey everyone! It's the author. So I'm sorry this chapter is so short, it's just an introduction to Addison basically:) I hope you guys enjoy this story💛