the cafe

The next few days Benny was helping me eat more, and I was already gaining more weight. Sometimes I would throw it up, but he was always there to help me. It was the first day of August, and it was hot. Always hot in California I guess.
"Smalls, throw it to second!" Benny yelled. He threw the ball up to himself and hit it to Smalls. He caught it and threw it to Bertram. Today I didn't feel like playing, so I just watched. Benny would always look over at me and smile.
"Why are you just sitting here?" Connor asked me.
"Why do you care?" I asked, not looking at him. He sat down next to me.
"You're going to have to stop hating me, I'm your brother after all," he said. "Please, I'm sorry," he pleaded. I looked at him.
"You told me Benny was like Ryan," I stood up. "And you've tried breaking us up ever since Benny and I got together, so if you can prove you're actually sorry, then I will except your apology." I yelled. I started walking away when I heard Benny yell to the boys to play without him. I walked off the field and started walking back to my house. I clenched my fists; I hated Connor. He thinks he can control my life just because I'm his little sister. I started crying, I couldn't help myself.
"Addison! Wait!" Benny yelled. He ran up to me and I slowed down. He grabbed my arm and he made me face him. I looked down and he kissed my forehead. "What's wrong?" He asked me. I shook my head.
"Can, can we go to the cafe we went to? It's down the road," I said. Benny nodded and he grabbed my hand.
We walked into the cafe and the lady who was there the day we went was still there.
"You kids are back!" She smiled and gasped. "And you two are together! I predicted it," she said laughing.
"You were right, ma'am! Addison is my amazing girlfriend," Benny said, kissing my cheek. My face turned red and we sat down at a table.
"Well, what can I get you sweetheart?" She asked, turning to me.
"Chocolate milkshake," I said.
"I'm assuming you would like that too, hon?" She asked Benny.
"You're correct," he said smiling. She walked back into the kitchen and Benny turned to me. "Tell me what happened," he said.
"Connor and I aren't on great terms, it's nothing," I said. He shook his head and I put mine on his shoulder.
A few minutes later the waitress came out with our milkshakes.
"It's on me, kids," she said smiling. Benny and I beamed.
"Thank you so much!" I said. I took a big gulp and Benny took a drink of his. I grabbed my phone and took a picture of him drinking his milkshake.
"How dare you!" He said, jokingly. He put his hand to his heart and we started laughing. He kissed me quickly and then I took another drink of my milkshake. Whipped cream got on my nose and I looked at Benny and laughed. He took a picture of me, go figure, and we started laughing.
"Let's take a picture together so we don't look weird," I said giggling. He nodded and put his arm around me. I took a picture vertically and horizontally. In one, Benny and I were smiling. In another, he kissed my cheek and I was smiling. I put the vertical one where Benny was kissing me as my lock screen. He smiled and I put my head on his shoulder again and secretly took another picture. I took a drink of my milkshake and a song came on. Can't Help Falling in Love with you, to be exact. My face lit up as I heard the song come on.
"Benny! Benny! It's a love song!" I said, smiling. I got up and grabbed his hand. There weren't many people in the cafe. An older couple, a few single people lingering around, and a few other older couples. There was a spot in the middle of the cafe I brought Benny to.
"Babe, I don't know how to dance," Benny whispered.
"Neither do I, just go along with it," I said. I moved his hands to my waist and I put my arms around his shoulders and put my head on one of his shoulders. I heard some of the older couples come over and dance with us. Benny and I were swaying back and forth. To me; it was amazing. It felt like we were the only ones and that no one could change that feeling. Benny grabbed my hand and spun me. My Aaron Judge jersey spun around. I giggled and he kissed me.
The song ended and we walked back to our milkshakes, which were almost empty. We started getting up as the waitress came over. I hugged her and whispered, "thank you." And we walked out of the cafe. Benny grabbed my hand and laughed.
"I, Benny the Jet Rodriguez, am the most amazing dancer ever," Benny said.
"If you're the most amazing dancer then you're the best player in the sandlot," I said, winking.
"But I am! So- are you saying you're better than me?" He asked. I shrugged and we both started laughing.
"You're home late," Connor said, crossing his arms. I had just stepped in the door, it was only 7.
"It's only 7, dumbass," I said, pushing past him. I ran up to my room and past out on my bed. I love that boy so much.

I've been having some SERIOUS writers block rn, this chapter is literally only 900 words and I'm embarrassed. Anyway, I'm ready for the second book:)
💛