the crush

The walk home was pretty peaceful. I listened to the bird chirping and the sun was still in the air. We walked to my house and started walking up the stairs.
"Stop!" I heard my dad yell. We both froze and turned his way. "You're Benny, right?" My dad said walking over towards us.
"Dad, leave him alone please," I pleaded. Benny nodded.
"Yep, I'm Benny Rodriguez," He said holding out his hand for my dad to shake. My dad took his hand and he nodded.
"Be good to Addy, she's, special," my dad said. I rolled my eyes and grabbed Benny's hand.
"Goodbye, father," I said. We ran upstairs and I closed the door. Benny jumped on the bean bag in the corner of my room. "You like it? We just got it," I laughed. He put his hands behind his head and smiled. I walked over to Benny and took a picture of him. He eyed me and started laughing and then took a picture of me too.
"Delete that!" I said to Benny.
"Not until you delete the picture of me," he said smiling. I stuck my tongue out and I walked to my window. Benny got up and he hugged me from behind. Trying to lead me on again, I thought to myself. I smiled and kept looking out the window. The sun was now setting and the sky was full of pinks and blues. I looked at Benny and he looked at me. I wanted just a quick peck and that was it. I looked into his dark brown eyes and he stared into my emerald ones. I turned around and I put my hands around his neck and he put his around my waist. He leaned down to kiss me; but then my dad walked in.
"Addison!" My dad yelled. Benny pulled his arms away and I did the same. "What the hell were you two doing?" He yelled.
"I'm going to leave," Benny said. His face was bright red.
"Dad, where is mom?" I asked.
"In our room, just wait till I tell her about this," My dad said, walking into his room. I grabbed his arm and ran down the stairs.
"Benny, you have to leave," I said. He nodded. He turned around to leave, but before he did he faced me and quickly kissed my cheek.
"Goodbye, Addy!" He yelled. I smiled and waved then closed the door.
"You're grounded, missy," my dad said.
"I hate you," I said back.
"Just looking out for my little girl," he laughed and ruffled my hair. "You can still go to the sandlot," my mom said from upstairs. I smiled and cheered.
A few hours later after dinner I was getting ready for bed like any other night. I put on an old Yankee's T-shirt and some shorts. I laid down in my bed and went on my phone. I was scrolling through Instagram when I got a text from none other Alan McClennan, or Yeah-Yeah as most people know him as.
Hey, Addy! It's Yeah-Yeah, so can I talk to you tomorrow before we play?
I replied with a simple, Sure. And turned off my phone. I looked up at the ceiling and my eyes slowly closed.
The next morning I woke up to my phone ringing. I yawned and saw it was a number I didn't know. I answered the phone,
"Hello?" I asked.
"Hey, princess," Phillips.
"How did you get my number, Phillips?"
"Please, call me Alek," he said. I could hear him laugh.
"Alek Phillips, huh?" I laughed. "Cute little boy name," I said.
"I want you to come and see me," he said.
"Not in a million years," I replied.
"Please princess,"
"No, and stop calling me princess!" I yelled.
"C'mon babe,"
"I'm hanging up now," I said. I hung up the phone and jumped on my bed. I laid there for about 2 minutes, then got up and took a quick shower and got ready. I looked at the necklace Benny gave me and I smiled. I put on my Aaron Judge jersey and a black tank top and some black shorts and my black converse. I left my hair wavey today because I didn't feel like straightening it. The morning was still a little chilly, but not too cold. I sat outside and checked the time. 7:20. I closed my eyes and ended up falling asleep.
"ADDISON BREE WILSON, WAKE UP!" Connor screamed in my ear. I shriek and slapped him. "Ow! Thanks Addy," he grabbed me and put me over his shoulder. I laughed and started pounding on his back.
"Let me go, poop head!" I yelled. He died of laughter and fell over, taking me with him. We both laid there and laughed. He helped me up and we started walking to the sandlot. "You're coming today, thought you would be with your girlfriend," I said. He rolled his eyes.
"Her name is Taylor, and she's going on vacation for a week with her family,"
"So, you'll be home all week?" I asked.
"Pretty much," he said. "Now I can sneak in on you and Benny's make out sessionnnsss," he laughed.
"You're an asshole," I said shoving him.
"I try," he smiled.
We walked to the sandlot, making stupid jokes back and forth. Once we got there, I remembered Yeah-Yeah had to tell me something. Him and Benny were in the dugout.
"Yeah-Yeah, what did you need to tell me?" I said walking over to him. Yeah-Yeah ran over and grabbed my hand, pulling me away from Benny.
"Okay, the thing I wanted to tell you is that I like you, Addy. I always have," he said smiling. Shit, I didn't want to hurt a 12 year olds feelings. I looked at him and smiled. He grabbed my waist and he pulled me in kissing me, not letting go. He pulled me tighter and he grabbed my back. Eventually the kiss was over, and he ran. I stood there in a daze and then walked over to the out field.

                     Benny's point of view

It started off as a normal day, I got ready and walked to the sandlot bright and early with some of the boys. We all walked into the dugout and Yeah-Yeah asked me to stay back to talk to him.
"Yo, what's up Yeah-Yeah?" I asked.
"Do you like Addison? You have to be honest with me, Benny man," he said. My heart started racing, why did he want to know if I liked her or not?
"Why?" I asked, crossing my arms.
"It's just a question, but if you aren't going to answer I'm guessing no," he said. I rolled my eyes.
"Yeah-Yeah, what did you need to tell me?" Addy said running up to us. Yeah-Yeah winked and grabbed Addy's hand. I clenched my jaw and watched as the walked around the dugout. I quietly walked over to the other side of where they were and watched them.
"Okay, the thing I wanted to tell you is that I like you, Addy. I always have," Yeah-Yeah said. I clenched both my fist and jaw now. Addy just stood there and didn't say anything, I watched as Yeah-Yeah kissed her and ran back to the field. She just stood there and walked over to the field. I wanted to scream and punch him at the same time. I grabbed a bat and walked up to home plate. DeNunez threw the ball and I hit it right at Yeah-Yeah. It hit him in the stomach and everyone went over and tried to see if he was okay. I threw the bat down and walked into the dugout.

Addison's point of view

I watched as Benny hit the ball right into Yeah-Yeah. I gasped and ran over. Yeah-Yeah had been hit pretty bad, but he was okay.
"You okay?" Bertram asked.
"Yeah yeah," he managed to say. I looked at Benny and walked over to him.
"Why the hell did you hit him?" I yelled.
"I didn't try to," he said, crossing his arms.
"What's with you?" I said. "Where's the Benny I knew?" I asked. I turned around and jogged away.

Benny's point of view

Once the game was over, I stayed back and waited for Yeah-Yeah. I looked him straight in the eye.
"Why would you ask Addy out? And fucking kiss her? You know I like her, Yeah-Yeah,"
"When I asked you didn't answer me, Benny man!" He yelled. I punched him. I didn't know what came over me, I just punched him as hard as I could. It felt wrong but good, he kissed her and asked her out, and I couldn't let that happen. He started running out of the dugout and I just laid down on the bench. For the first time in a while, I started crying. I don't usually cry because I don't feel emotions that strong, but something hit me. Sadness? Anger? Jealousy? I didn't know. I just sat down and cried. I stayed there for about an hour later and started walking home.
"Hey Benny," a familiar voice said from behind me. I turned around and saw DeNunez walking towards me.
"Go away," I said. I sounded and looked horrible.
"Just tell her, Benny. She loves you, dude," DeNunez said, patting my back. "Go for it," he said smiling. "Oh, and I would say sorry to Yeah-Yeah if I were you, he has a black eye. See you tomorrow, man." He said walking away.
"Bye, Kenny." I said walking to opposite direction.
I ran to Yeah-Yeahs house and apologized, then went home. I was tired and sweaty, and I couldn't get what DeNunez said off my mind. I guess I would find out tomorrow.

Hey y'all, so this chapter took a long time to write and there isn't even that much which disappoints me. And my uploading schedule is twice Monday, then every other day of the week, and then twice Friday too, and not on weekends. And it's official that I'm making a second book, I know how this one is going to go and same with that one. Im also thinking of just ending the book here because it isn't good, thoughts?