the kiss

Addison's point of view

I woke up the next morning feeling strange; I don't know how to describe it, I just felt like something good was going to happen. I yawned and I walked into the bathroom and showered, brushed my teeth and hair, left it wavy, and put on a black tank top and some acid washed jeans with my black converse. I walked downstairs and surprisingly my dad was already awake.
"Good morning," I said. He waved and kept watching TV. I rolled my eyes and grabbed a glass of water, forcing it down my throat. I sighed and threw the glass in the sink and sat down next to my dad on the couch. "What're you-"
"Shush," He said. I groaned and walked out of the room onto our porch. It was already hot and I didn't want to play today; but that's life. I got up and started walking over to the sandlot and the sun was already blazing, 90° still.
"Hey, Addy!" DeNunez yelled from behind me. I smiled.
"Sup, DeNunez?" I asked.
"Doing the same thing you are," he joked and shoved me a little. I smiled and we walked to the sandlot together. DeNunez is probably one of the kindest boys on the team. He always has advice and can always cheer you up.
We got to the sandlot and some of the boys were already there, Timmy, Tommy, Benny, Yeah-Yeah, Smalls, Connor, and now DeNunez and I. We waited around and after a while Squints, Ham, and Bertram finally got there. We all were chugging water and sweating constantly. I grabbed the bat and I walked into the batter's box and got in stance. DeNunez threw the ball and I hit it. It went to the outfield and I started running as fast as I could. I slid and made it to third base. Benny helped me up and I smiled.
"Good job," he said smiling and patting my back. I laughed and stood up. Connor was up to bat, and I stared at him. I got ready to run as fast as I can, because I know they would try to get me out. Connor hit the ball and it bounced off the back of the fence. I sprinted to home plate and I made it. My clothes were all full of dirt and so was my hair. I threw it in a ponytail and watch as Connor made it to second base. I clapped and then noticed Yeah-Yeah's face. He had a black eye and looked terrified.
"Yo! Can we stop the game really quick?" I yelled. Smalls was up to bat and he nodded. I walked over to Yeah-Yeah and looked at him. He looked at me terrified like he had just seen a ghost.
"What the hell happened, Yeah-Yeah?" I asked.
"I fell last night,"
"Ha! You're funny. Tell me what really happened," I said.
"Nothing! I swear," he said. I rolled my eyes and started walking away. I walked over to Benny.
"You wanna bat after Smalls?" I asked.
"Sure," he replied.
"Let me take your s-" I tried saying. Before I could react someone pushed me into Benny and we went tumbling down onto the dirt. We both started laughing and I got up. "Who did that?" I asked. Everyone pointed to Connor. I laughed and helped Benny up. He smirked and I stayed and 3rd base while he went into the dugout. I stared at Connor and stuck up my middle finger.
"Love you too sis," he said laughing. I rolled my eyes and watched as Smalls hit the ball and Bertram caught it. He threw the ball to me and I slammed into Connor with my glove. He fell over and so did I. Benny ran over and helped me up. I thanked him and he smiled and ran back to the plate. He hit a home run, of course, and he got a round of applause. He locked eyes with me and kept running past me. I smiled as he hit home plate and they all clapped and patted his back and cheered.
We all called it a day and wiped the sweat from our faces. I felt like passing out I was so hot. I yawned and sat on the ground. Connor looked at me and kicked dirt in my face. I slapped his leg and wiped the dirt off my face.
"Connor, give me a water bottle, I'm dying," I said. Connor threw a water bottle at me and laughed. All the boys were dying just like I was. I chugged half of the water and the rest I poured on my face. I couldn't move, my body felt sore and sweat was dripping down my face. "B-Benny, can you h-help me up?" I asked him, holding out my hand. He grabbed it and helped me up, and I stood up for about 0.2 seconds, and then fell over. I tried getting up again but I could only walk a few more steps. Benny grabbed me before I could fall. He grabbed my legs and picked me up, so he was carrying me bridal style. "I- I can do it Benny," I said. He shook his head.
"You're tired and you haven't played this hard since you got here, we're used to it but you aren't," he said. I slowly nodded and fell asleep.

Benny's point of view

We finished and we were all tired, especially Addison. She limped the entire time we walked to the dugout and immediately sat down. Connor messed with her and kicked dirt in her face and threw a water bottle at her. The boys were all distracted and getting ready. Addison asked me to help her but she just fell over. We tried again but he almost fell again, so I picked her up.
"I- I can do it Benny," she said.
"You're tired and you haven't played this hard since you got here, we're used to it but you aren't," I said back. She fell asleep and I smiled. I looked at Connor and winked. He took her from me and we all started walking home. She looked so beautiful. I wanted to tell her how much she meant to me and how much I like her, but I couldn't get myself to do it. I had never felt this way with anyone else. She was the most amazing person i had met, and my whole world. To me, she meant more than baseball ever did and will; but she didn't feel the same.
We walked home and I ran up to my room, thinking about what DeNunez said yesterday. I had to tell Addy, I had to, but how?

                  Addison's point of view

I woke up and felt all the dirt on my skin still. I felt dirty and gross, so I tried walking to the shower. I was able to get into the bathroom and I had dirt and cuts all over my body. I went into the shower and washed myself off. I got out of the shower and dried my hair with my towel, and threw on an old yankee's t-shirt and some nike black shorts. I walked and laid on my bed, about to close my eyes when Benny walked in. I yawned and sat up.
"Hey, Benny. You coming to hang out? Because i was just going to go to s-"
"I need to tell you something," he said. I nodded.
"Go ahead," I said smiling. I yawned again and rubbed my eyes, they were slowly drooping down. He rubbed the back of his neck.
"I- well I like you, Addison. I always have and I always will. Since the first day I met you I have, your beautiful smile, the way you talk and laugh, everything about you amazes me. And I know I said I don't have time for girls, but that was an excuse. I always have liked you," Benny said. There was an awkward silence in the room. Benny's face got red and he started walking out of the room. I ran up to him and grabbed his hand. He turned around and looked at me, his eyes were glossy. I looked at him and our lips crashed together.

Yo! So this is the chapter that I'm getting you guys were waiting for, where they fall IN LOOOOVE! I thought it was so cute writing it and I'm sorry all the chapters are so short! I'm hoping to write longer ones in the future, but for now they will all be a little above 1,400. Anyway, have a great day or night. I also added a song called "Out of my League" which I think really resembles this chapter and it's my favorite song right now.
💛