phillips

The next day I was feeling much better than I did. I put on a black thrasher crop top with high waisted jean shorts and a pair of black converse. I brushed my hair and put it in a ponytail with a red scrunchie. I brushed my teeth and walked out of my room and knocked on Connor's door. He came out in a pair of jeans and a flannel T-shirt with vans.
    "You coming to the sandlot with me?" I asked.
      "I'll be a little late, I uh, have to meet a friend," He said.
     "A girl friend?" I asked raising my eyebrow. His face got red and he looked down. "It's okay, you can tell me," i nudged him and laughed. "I'm going to the sandlot, bye Connor," I said kissing his forehead and walking downstairs. I grabbed my baseball mitt and ran out. I didn't wait for Benny, even after he was so nice to me yesterday. It was 7:30 so I would be there early. I jogged to make sure I got there before anyone else.
       Once I got there I sat down on the bench and looked around. I kicked the dirt and walked to the bucket of baseballs we had in the corner of the dugout. I grabbed a ball and started throwing it up to myself and catching it. I heard some of the boys walking towards me. I got up and walked out of the dugout, but instead of the boys I expected, a bunch of boys with bikes came. I crossed my arms and looked at them.
    "Hello boys," I said looking at them.
     "Hey pretty lady," he said winking.
      "Leave her alone, Phillips!" I heard Benny yell from behind them. They all turned around and laughed. The whole team was walking towards me. "Go back in the dugout," Benny whispered to me. I shook my head and stood where I was. He rolled his eyes and turned back to Phillips. "What're you guys doing here, back for more like last summer?" The boys all laughed.
     "We don't want to play you guys again, we want to prove we're better. You guys play on a shitty field and don't have an actual team, I don't get why your little girlfriend is here, she's a girl, she can't play ball," Phillips said laughing. I clenched my fists until I could feel blood rushing. I walked up to Phillips and looked straight in his face.
     "Listen to me, little boy. I can probably hit the ball 10x farther than you, so don't even try me. And, our team is way better than yours will ever be, so leave right now before i cause actual damage." Phillips laughed again.
     "What're you going to do princess, yell at me some more?" He said looking at his friends. Before he could turn his head back I punched him right on his jaw. I could feel his jaw crack and I stepped back. My fist was already starting to bruise.
     "Want more?" I asked him, crossing my arms. His group started riding away. From down the street I heard him yell,
     "You'll pay for this!" I laughed and went back into the dugout and grabbed a water bottle then poured it on my knuckles. Benny and the rest of the group ran over and patted my back. Benny stayed on the other side of the dugout. I could tell he was angry. I sighed and grabbed a bat, and walked up to home plate. Benny stayed in the dugout and he didn't come out.
     "One second, I'll be right back," I said. I put the bat down and walked over to Benny. "Hey, why're you so mad?" I asked him. He shook his head.
      "I'm mad because you could've got seriously hurt! What if Philips punched back?" He grabbed my hand, "And your knuckles! They're already bruising. I don't want you getting hurt!" He said letting go of my hands.
     "It's my life, Benny. I can get hurt if I want to," I turned around and grabbed the bat again. "Give me the heater," I said, getting in stance. DeNunez wound up and threw the ball. I hit it right in the middle of the bat and it flew over the fence. I ran around the bases and all the boys patted my back and cheered. I stopped at home plate and benny walked towards me. I looked him straight in the eye and shoved the bat in his face. He took it from me and walked to home plate. I sat down on the bench and watched Benny bat. He missed the first pitch, surprisingly. I watched as he ended up striking out for the first time we played this year.

Hey everyone. So this chapter was really short but I had to write it at my aunts house. What do you guys think of Phillips?
Bye💛