08

carly woke up out of bed and heard her phone ring. 

bzzzzz

bzzzzz

bzzzzz

                  "h-hello?" Carly said. untill she heard a voice she recognized. "It's Freddie!" he said with a shout. "yeah what do you need freddie?" she asked him. "Me and s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-" he stuttered. Freddie docent stutter so she realized he was actually cutting out. "Just text me, youre cutting out." she said to him.  

                                     "Shoot! she cut out." freddie yelled at sam in a gas station parking lot. 

"Of all places why'd you have to get us stuck in Olympia,Fredbag," Sam yelled. "Are you sure they gave you your driver's license?" she added. "Maybe I should call spencer, on a payphone or something." He said to her while she was looking at him with a confused look. Freddie walked over to the phone and started spinning the wheel around. "Gosh, how long is it gonna take?" Sam yelled at him. "Shut it, Sam, every time you spin it around to a number, you have to wait till the ring clicks back to 1" he replied. "They must have had these things when my mom was young." She laughed. "WAs your mom born around 1930?" Freddie said with a smart Alec reply,

"Exactly." He said after seeing her 'i don want to say no because i know you're gonna laugh at me' face. Sam reads like a book, only when you know how to read her.  

"Hey spencer, me and Sam are stuck in Olympia. We got a flat tire, you have a spare right?" Freddie asked him over the phone, 

"I could, but you HAVE MY FREAKING CAR HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET THERE?" Spencer yelled over the phone. 

"WEll, can you bring a spare tire in a taxi cab?'" Sam interrupted.

"We are about to find out." Spencer said.

                                                they hung up the phone with Spencer and then received a text from Carly, reading:   WHy are you in Olympia with your ex-girlfriend? :(

Freddie immediate called her, because he realized if you stand up and wave your arm you get better reception.  " OKay, 1 of all, do not turn this into a ex-girlfriend status. She is still like my friend i've known since kindergarten. 2nd of all, We were going to pick up the official Nora  Durschlitt court papers, because they texted, remember?" Freddie yacked at her over th ephone.

"Sorry, and I never received  that text." Carly said.

                                                         they were done on the phone , Spencer probably about 45 minutes from there, they sat on the curb under the gas station awning. "Wanna go in and get some snacks or something?"  Freddie asked her. "Um sure-" 

as they went inside the gas station they were stopped by a gang of people. "Hey-you! whats your name?" they asked them. "I am Freddie, and this is Sam." Freddie replied to him. "do yall need a light ?" he asked them. FReddie's face froze as Sam stood up and said "No, we don't smoke." she said. Freddie, in a way was proud of Sam, because she sometimes says lies to look cool. "You guys wanna try?" the dude asked. Freddie looked at Sam sending her the i dont know what to do so  say something face, but she was sending the same look back. "NO, the sign says you have to be 18 to purchase tobbaco, we are to young." he said, He decided to be the man in the picture.

"You do not need to purchase it because I have some cigarettes already." THe man said. 

"Well their has gotta be a problem, because if 17 year olds should smoke they would be allowed to purchase it."

 Spencer walked in at the perfect moment, and saw them talking to the man as he was lighting one and trying to  give it to them. He was about to stop them, but decided it would be a great teaching moment to let them handle this them selves. 

"No, smoking isnt cool. You shoud not do it either!" Sam said.

this man was infuriated, "You little (you get it) nobody tells me what I should and SHould not do!" he yelled. 

the man drew back his fist and got freddie square in the nose. Spencer was about to jump in but Freddie had it handled, He punched him back so hard that he fell to the ground.