What Makes A Team

Sinnoh was a short flight away from Kalos, and it felt well worth the wait when the four friends arrived. The weather in Sinnoh was certainly colder than Kalos, Serena was shivering and Bonnie was already digging through her bag for a coat. Clemont didn't seem as bothered by it, but he still shivered a little when the wind blew. Ash on the other hand had no problems with the weather and simply grinned at the cool air as they left the airport in Jubilife City.

"Welcome to Sinnoh!" the raven haired trainer spun about to face his friends with a grin, "What's wrong?"

"I-I'm so co-cold..." Serena glared halfheartedly at the boy, "Why didn't you warn us?"

"Oh, my bad..." Ash scratched the back of his neck, "Well, let's get some warmer clothes then."

"Th-that sounds n-nice." Bonnie nodded her head as she followed the boy through the streets of the cold city.

They ended up at a fairly large clothes store, and everyone split up to find warmer clothes that fit the region better. Serena ended up with a pair of warm pants and a thicker, long sleeved shirt to go with her red vest. She also found a warm beanie hat. Bonnie got a pair of long grey pants, and a warmer brown shirt with long sleeves. She also got a pair of fingerless gloves in an attempt to emulate her idol, but hers had mismatched red and blue wrist cuffs.

Clemont kept his normal clothes, but tied the top of the jumpsuit around his waist and got a long sleeved orange shirt  instead, along with a blue jacket to go with it. Ash changed up his outfit significantly, he was wearing a pair of black running shoes with a red stripe on each side; along with black, form fitting pants. He also wore a dark grey, long sleeved jacket over a short sleeved red t-shirt, plus a black and red version of his hat from Kalos with a pair of all black fingerless gloves. On his back was a black backpack to hold his things.

"Ready to go?" Ash asked before realizing that his friends were staring at him, "What?"

"Nothing, you just look a lot older like this. That's all." Bonnie told him.

"Yes, and the pants make you look taller too." Clemont commented.

"Y-yeah, taller and older and-" Serena began to speak but suddenly slapped her hand over her mouth, "Let's go!"

The four friends all set out from the store, much happier in the warmer clothes.

"Where to, Ash?" Serena asked as she walked beside her crush.

"I guess we should visit the professor here," Ash replied after a moment of thought, "Professor Rowan works in Sandgem Town, so that's where we'll go."

"According to my map, it's just south of the city." Clemont said as he looked at the device in his hand.

"What's that big brother?" Bonnie asked, peeking at the device.

"I call it my Location Finder 2000!" Clemont exclaimed, dramatically holding the device into the sky.

"Science is so amazing!" Ash gushed over the invention, eyes sparkling.

"If I just increase this here-" Clemont began to fiddle with a knob, but then the device began to smoke, "Crap..."

Everyone jumped away as the small object exploded, causing Clemonts hair to resemble a bush.

"And the name wasn't even creative..." Bonnie muttered, shaking her head in disappointment.

"What happened?!" a voice called out from nearby, "Are you hurt?"

"No, I'm fine." Clemont responded, lifting his face to meet the worried gaze of a blue haired girl.

"Dawn?!" Ash exclaimed, looking at the girl, "What are you doing here?!"