A Surprising Turn Of Events

The sound of Serena's soft breathing in Ash's ear seemed comforting to the boy, and the warmth of the egg in his arms was a nice feelings. Pikachu was curled up on Serena's lap beside him, across the isle of the plane sat Clemont and Bonnie; both asleep. Most of the people on board the plane were sleeping, which made sense since it was almost midnight. Ash however, just couldn't sleep for some reason.

Serena stirred beside him, and her eyes slowly opened; "Ash..."

"Hey..." the boy whispered back to her, "Did I wake you up?"

"No..." Serena shook her head, "I had a weird dream, that's all."

"What happened?" was Ash's reply.

"It was so strange," she looked over to him as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes, "Bonnie beat her third gym and I won another contest. Then we saw Dawn again and the Paul guy too, after that we got on a plane and left for Johto... What made it weird was that it all felt so real."

"Serena, that's what happened." Ash smiled at the girl, "That tired huh?"

"I guess so..." she giggled softly.

Serena felt a sudden burst of confidence and she moved away the arm rest between her and Ash before snuggling up closer to him. She laid her head on his shoulder and turned until her lips gently touched his cheek before allowing herself to drift off to sleep again.

Ash's eyes went wide for a moment as he looked over at the girl beside him, his hand slowly rose to the spot on his cheek where her lips had been; it felt warm.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Wow!" Bonnie gasped as she looked around Goldenrod City, "What's that?!"

"That's the Goldenrod Radio Tower!" Ash told her, looking to Clemont and Serena, "We might be dressed a bit to warm for here, wanna get some new clothes?"

"That might be a good idea, I'm already starting to feel hot." Serena nodded, pulling out her tablet, "There's a clothes shop nearby. Come on!"

Serena pushed open the door to the store, Ash took it and everyone walked inside. Much like in Sinnoh they dispersed to find new clothes that better fit their location. Bonnie found a pair of somewhat long tan shorts and a brown short sleeved top, she kept her gloves and got a pair of sneakers with similar mismatched laces. She also bought a new bag since hers was wearing down a good bit, a pink one took its place. 

Clemont ended up once again tying the jumpsuit off at his waist and got a short sleeved orange top to go with it. He also bought parts for his inventions in the electronics section of the store. 

Ash ended up in a pair of grey and red capri pants with a black shirt and a light blue, short sleeved over-shirt with black lines on the zipper and sleeves. He wore the same sneakers as Sinnoh and pulled on the same hat as well. He also got a red and black backpack and a protective case for his egg.

"Where's Serena?" Ash asked as they all met back up near the front.

"Here!" Serena grinned at them as she walked up to them, 'How do I look?"

She wore a long pink skirt that was tied off at the waist with a pink bow. She also wore a black, sleeveless top that folded over onto her shoulders, on her head was a large red hat with a black ribbon wrapped around it; a small bow tied it off at the side. On her feet were simple white shoes with red, half-pokeball logos on them. Ash smiled at the ever present blue ribbon that was tied around her left wrist.

Ash was dumbstruck for a moment before quickly speaking up, "You look great!"

"Such a cute outfit!" Bonnie squealed.