Make The Most Of Life!

"There it is!" Ash exclaimed as he pointed to the town ahead of them, Lavender Town!" 

"That's Lavender Town?" Serena asked, "It's different from what I imagined."

"I think it looks nice." Clemont commented, "Rather peaceful and serene."

"I bet there's lots of pokemon there too!" Bonnie jumped in, "Cute ones!"

A voice came from behind them, "Oh?"

Ash turned around first, "Huh?"

"Who're you?" Bonnie turned next.

"Bonnie!" Clemont scolded as he too turned around, "That's not nice!"

Serena turned last, "Oh, it's a little girl!"

"Yep!" the girl exclaimed, "If you're looking for cute pokemon, I can show you lots of 'em!"

"Really?!" Bonnie exclaimed, "Where?!"

"In town!" the girl replied, "My dad and I have lots of cute pokemon that we take care of!"

"Who's your dad?" Ash asked, curious as to where the girls father even was.

"Oh, "the girl smiled at them, "Everyone calls my dad Mr. Fuji, and my name is Amber!"

________________________________________________________________________________

"Daddy!" Amber called out into the house as she opened the door, "I brought people!"

"Ah!" an older voice called out from another room, "Amber, you're back! Good thing too, Togepi missed you!"

"Togeprriii!" a tiny voice exclaimed as the Egg Pokemon ran up to Amber, excitedly hugging the girl.

"And who might you be?" Mr. Fuji asked, looking to the four friends.

"My name is Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town!" Ash grinned at the man, "And this is Pikachu and Fang!"

"Hi," Serena smiled, "My name is Serena."

"I'm Bonnie," the twelve year old spoke next, "And this is my brother Clemont!"

"Where might you be from?" Mr. Fuji asked, "I know that accent, but I can't place my finger on it."

"We're from Kalos." Serena told him, "Ravi de vous rencontrer."

Mr. Fuji smiled, "Ah yes! Kalos is a fine place, I used to know someone that was from Kalos actually-"

"Daddy," Amber giggled, "Show them the pokemon!"

"Right," the older man spoke, smiling at them, "Let me formally welcome you to the Pokemon House. We take in abandoned and orphaned pokemon, help them grow and let them back out into the world."

"That's amazing!" Bonnie exclaimed, "Can we see them?"

"Of course," Amber told her, "Come on!"

In the room adjacent to the one they were in was a collection of plastic pens that housed the baby pokemon. Several people were caring for them and playing with them, some were even feeding them.

"You know Ash," Serena spoke up, "We could learn a lot from these people to help us take care of Fang."

Ash had a stupid grin on his face, he had never heard Serena speak Kalosian; nor had he ever really noticed the accent that she and their friends possessed. But having heard it clearly as she spoke earlier, the sound of it kept floating around in his head.

"Ash?" she waved her hand in front of his face, causing him to shake his head quickly and speak up.

"Huh?" he looked at her, confused at his own thoughts.