Chapter Sixteen: New bonds

I zoned back into the busy space, noticing even more of the team surrounding- including Sebastian Vettel. I wasn't even aware that he was part of our group that night. Dressed in his signature cut off denim shorts, a shirt and with what looked like an attempt to style his hair, he was staring right at me.

"So was I right, or was I right?" he said.

"Okay, Sebastian, you were right." I smiled and rolled my eyes at the German.

"When am I not?" he remarked sarcastically, his strong international accent coming through.

"Well, to begin with." I teased.

"So I set you two up? That's even better!" His eyes grew excited, glinting in the half light.

"No Seb, sorry." I said and observed him as he lifted the rim of the glass to his lips.

"Ah okay...you sure?"

"Certain." I replied, craning my neck to the left to see if I could spot Daniel. As if by magic he was there, standing chatting to the same blonde. Well if he was enjoying himself then I was...

Throughout the night people came and went, many of them were young women not realising that Sebastian was in a long term relationship, and that he in fact now had a daughter.

I couldn't help but laugh as each one made their way over confidently from an area of the club and tried their luck with the four time world champion.

A few of the girls would try their luck with the team too, but by now they knew better and that they were only after two things- sex and a claim to fame. A young brunette then walked up to Sam and he politely told her that he was with me. I grinned. I was secretly thrilled.

"Saskia, another drink?" Sam placed his hands on my shoulders and towered above me as he said this.

"Why not!" I replied, scraping my hair away from my face.

"What do you want?" he asked.

"I'll get it." I nodded, got up and made my way to the crowded bar.

"Martini and a Stella." I said to the guy serving me.

"Anything else?"

"That's it, thank you." He began mixing my drink before pulling a pint into a glass.

"Yeah? Crikey! Steady on..." I looked to my left sharply as the accent caught my attention. There was no mistaking that voice. Daniel.

The blonde he was with had launched herself at him, albeit Ricciardo was most probably experienced with dealing with it. But unlike how I first thought, he wasn't having any of it. The girl who was no older than twenty- two or so caught me looking and that caused Daniel to turn around too.

"Madame, your drinks." The barman placed them on the counter. "They're on the tab."

"Yeah...thanks." I smiled and walked back to where we were sitting. I gave Sam his drink and apologised for spilling it ever so slightly on the way over. Rocky, Sebastian's race engineer, was now sitting with us as well as Paul.

"This is the famous Saskia." Sebastian introduced me to Rocky. 'Famous', since when?

"It's good to finally meet you." He extended a hand for me to shake.

"You too." I said, and it was. I'd heard so much about his incredible work- even if he was working for the other side of the garage.

---

Walking, okay, staggering back to the hotel that night was rather challenging.

The night was humid and had been extremely surreal for it was the first time I'd ever had a conversation with Sebastian and Rocky. I couldn't even begin to explain how much I took a liking to them, as behind their professional exterior, drive and determination you could see that this was the only night of the week that they could try to relax. They were great guys and had me in stitches for the majority of the time.