Chapter Forty Six: Encore

Wow you guys after the last chapter *silently bows head in shame* I wasn't expecting that- but I do really love your reactions and they do influence the plot line at times so please vote and comment!

"P1 mate, sensational drive! Well done- back to back victories Daniel, incredible!" Christian's voice echoed in my headset. Paul had insisted that it was about time that I wore one for the race.

I flinched as I heard Daniel and the Principal conversing. Ricciardo was elated. His reaction to crossing the line said it all.

Sam and Paul looked across to me, snd Sam grabbed my hand as we ran to the podium.

Amongst the masses of people, media scrambled and cameras were everywhere. This was Daniel's third win, his second consecutive.

The Australian jumped out of the car and immediately ran over. To me.

He wrapped his arms around my middle tightly and lifted me up behind the barrier- his grip was electrifying and I was doing my utmost best to erase all thoughts from earlier.

"Well done." I shouted, as cameras were thrust just inches from our faces. I pulled him in closer wanting to say those three words right there but I knew that I couldn't.

He reluctantly edged away and Christian gave him a pat on the back. He was stood next to me and had watched the whole of the last five seconds unfold. I couldn't tell what the emotion was etched across his face.

Ricciardo got whisked away and Sam placed his arm around my shoulder, we looked up at the podium- ready for the top three finishers to appear.

I was nervous, I really was. I had a lens just inches away from me for starters, and it was incredibly hard to try and keep my nostrils sucked in. I was crying and smiling like a loon for goodness sake.

I double checked that my aviators were still firmly on my head for in the commotion a lot of jumping had been carried out, not to mention lifting up in the air and-

All of my thoughts ceased momentarily. Daniel stepped out last onto the podium suspended metres above us and I titled my head up so I could see.

Paul stood behind me, protecting me from further boisterous paparazzi. The volume of his cheering was almost deafening.

"Yeooow!" he shouted, just before the Australian national anthem was played out.

Then the whole place silenced. I could practically hear the thud in my chest as Daniel looked out to the crowd. My thoughts flicked back to the ALS ice bucket challenges, where over the duration of the past few days the majority of the team had been soaked. I still had my nomination from Sam and Daniel to do...

The trophies (shields) were handed out and Daniel raised it above his head, his smile was just like back in Sydney, and Monaco. Hell, what had come over me?

I turned away from Christian completely and focused on Daniel. He looked down at me and his eyes met mine. My heart literally could not beat any faster.

The brief interview was carried out on top with the three men whilst I dispersed ready to greet Ricciardo and cart him off to various places. The FIA Conference was on the top of the list, right after I had been for a wee. I was bloody desperate.

I bypassed Christian, he tried to meet my eye line but I refused the gaze and kept looking straight ahead- marching towards the garage.

I picked up my pace to a gentle jog and then sprinted towards the building after I had emptied my bladder. Daniel was already there doing the rounds.