Chapter Thirty Two: Deuxième Fois

The streets of Monaco this time round were quieter, but still beautiful.

The Mediterranean sun was a lot hotter, sweltering in some places, but the sea breeze that blew across the land cooled the temperature in the evenings.

Yachts lined the harbour, and arguably they were even more expensive looking than last time. The restaurants were still busy, although the staff looked more relaxed than a month ago and, there was a lot more French being spoken.

I had noticed this before we had even reached Daniel's property. This was definitely the home of the rich and famous, not little old me from North London.

Pulling up after a journey from Heathrow to Nice and then one in the driver's own car, the three of us were somewhat relieved to have made it after a lengthy delay before departure. Being told that there was a technical issue with the aircraft was quite possibly my worst nightmare (minus Jedward).

The day had already been spent travelling; I'd been on a round trip to Milton Keynes for the debriefing and a morning of work, before heading back to the airport- somewhere that I'd been less than sixteen hours ago. I was looking forward to what was in store for the next four nights, to meet Daniel's friends, to spend some time with Lizzie and more importantly Daniel himself.

The two Australians and I jumped out of the vehicle in the underground parking bay, this was any car enthusiast's dream. Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and McLaren's all lined the rows of parking spaces. A million pounds sitting here, there and everywhere. Ricciardo's Range Rover looked rather inconspicuous next to them all.

"That's the neighbour's." He gestured to a La Ferrari next to where we had parked. Not bad. He took my case out of the boot first before lifting out Paul's and his own.

I looked across to Paul, who easily resembled a teenage boy; his mouth could not have been gawped open wider if he had tired. He looked at each vehicle, the only other time I had seen him pull this face was when Lizzie turned up for the meal in Canada.

"He still hasn't got used to it." Daniel remarked, pressing the key-throb to lock the pristine Evoque. I didn't really want to think about Lauren being in the same position as me at the start of this year, sitting in the front seat of that same car, pulling up at the same address.

"I can tell." I laughed, following his lead to the elevator.

"Can tell what?" Paul piped up, snapping out of his daydream. "Have I missed something?"

"She's pregnant." Ricciardo said, keying his security code into the lift so it would work.

"Daniel." Paul stated, very concerned- seemingly oblivious that he was having his leg twisted (as far as I knew anyway). "Man, come on mate. How far gone?"

"Paul!" Daniel said seriously.

"What."

"Not pregnant." The Aussie gave me a quick look to clarify.

I nodded.

Paul on the other hand looked as if he wanted the ground to swallow him up. I had never seen him look like this before- the usual confident, outspoken personal trainer was rather quiet, even more so than when he walked into Daniel's room over a week ago.

"Good." he managed after a few seconds of hush.

---

If the lobby of the apartment block was anything to go by then Daniel's flat would be beautiful...and I wasn't wrong.

Although not very big, it was tastefully decorated- a modern kitchen took up most of the living space, with a panel of glass which opened out onto an extensive terrace with furniture sat under the cover. There were a lot more photos dotted around, as well as a few band posters and of course ones associated with the team.