Chapter Fifty Two: Confrontation

Okay so, I apologise in advance for the awfulness of this. I gave it a shot but yeahh

Also must thank the photographer for capturing the above photo, genius...

Sebastian Vettel was leaving Red Bull. He was leaving the team after spending most of his entire career so far with them. I was devastated, as it meant that I was going to lose Britta too.

I was on the verge of losing Daniel also.

Sure things had been 'okay' since his podium finish in Singapore, but it felt like his fuse was going to blow at any given moment. In fact after the race he ventured out to the Amber Lounge alone whilst I insisted that I had a migraine. I didn't, I just knew that it would end up going wrong. Really wrong.

And so, after the news broke early Saturday evening in Japan, the ever smiling Britta was looking more and more rushed off her feet. This weekend wasn't going to be easy. Nor for Christian, I could tell he was a tad subdued. Then again that could have been something personal...in Suzuka Geri was nowhere to be seen.

"Cheer up, Saskia." the German press officer come all round Saint spoke. "Shouldn't you be off for the filming?"

I looked up from my mass of paperwork and smiled before giving my watch a quick glance. Yeah, probably should get going.

"I'm leaving, just got a bit lost in all of this." I sighed. I wasn't tired, just otherwise engaged after noticing another gossip magazine's story. Geri Halliwell, I say no more...

"You had better give me a call tonight, I'll find a spare half hour and we are going for coffee at the hotel. No buts." She flicked her blonde hair over her shoulder and glanced out of the window. A hurricane was due to hit Japan at any moment, and it just a shame no one could have predicted exactly when.

"Yeah, sure. I'll text you when we're on our way back. " Half hour with Britta would be a guarantee to lift my spirits.

"And actually, I think I fancy Sushi. I'll have to book a table." She proceeded to smile whilst I nodded and gathered my paperwork together.

"That sounds good! Tell Sebastian to keep smiling." I continued to nod whilst exiting the motorhome with my bag.

"Oh I will. I think the secret is already out." She laughed and waved me off. I think everyone had just about guessed that Vettel was off to Ferrari. Daniil Kvyat was replacing him- at least I would have Rebecca again next year. If there was a next year...

---

The driver navigated the streets back towards Tokyo as Daniel and I sat in the back of the vehicle. Suzuka was in the middle of nowhere and so to get to the the circuit we used the bullet train or, if not, a car was arranged.

Outside was miserable and I could feel a storm brewing. Inside the Infiniti too.

"So just keep it natural as you always do, and remember this place is deadly serious so no-" I rattled off information for the short piece he was filming.

"I'll try not to swear, or laugh and I think I could do with some meditation though, I'm not complaining." the Australian spoke back, looking directly in front. It had begun to tip it down, and I could feel a bout of pathetic fallacy coming on. The sky could not have been greyer!

"I'll wake you up when they're done filming then."

"No need. I am certain that I can control myself."

Ouch, there definitely was an implied meaning behind his response. No guessing that it was about what had surfaced in Singapore.

I sat and clicked away on my phone, I was only on the hundredth email of the day. Being quiet for a few minutes would hopefully eradicate the tension arising...wrong.