Chapter Thirty Seven: Budapest

And then Lizzie threw up again, everywhere- including on my shoes once more.
---

Following the German Grand Prix, it was straight on to Hungary for it was a back to back race weekend. In fact it was the final race before the well earned summer break, where the factory would go into shutdown for two weeks.

After leaving the club in England Daniel, Lizzie, Paul and I headed back to the hotel for a few quiet drinks where my Mum and Dad joined us for a while too (after Lizzie stopped emptying the contents of her stomach, that was). This was after their meal with Adrian.

Subsequently, on the Monday my working hours were more flexible as I was given time to spend with them, Christian had insisted. As always that time was well and truly appreciated.

Thus, skip forward two and a bit weeks, following a result in 'Deutschland' - Sebastian Vettel's home event where Daniel had finished in sixth place. Not a podium, but nevertheless still gained him points in the unthinkable championship battle. He was currently in third, a long way off of the Mercedes boys but if, if they continued with reliability issues then anything was possible. Including getting Sebastian to be quiet.

"So, to summarise we're going to be in and out in twenty minutes." I spoke firmly to Daniel, giving a quick glance at my watch to check the time.

This was going to be tight.

"Is that what she said?" Sebastian muttered, half laughing at his own comment.

Britta rolled her eyes but was stifling a snigger just as much as the rest of us. I had forgotten just how amusing these journeys to promotional events could be.

"No Seb, she said something a bit more- uh, intense than that..." Ricciardo spoke up, shooting me a look. A smile couldn't help but play on my lips.

As far as the others were concerned this was still very much part of the joke, however especially since Silverstone their suspicions had been arising.

I knew that because Sebastian had not so subtly asked Daniel if he had a girlfriend in front of us all moments before hand. Once more I had my drama skills (i.e zero) to thank for not going red...who am I kidding- I went the colour of my shoes. Bloody crimson .

"Boys, did you actually take any of that in?" my voice sounded in the vehicle that was now at a standstill in stationary traffic once more.

"Twenty minutes." Daniel confirmed.

"It may have to be fifteen at this rate." Britta added, "we need to be at the meal at one, and whatever happens the meal is the priority."

As sad as it was, that was true. I knew that thousands of people would be waiting at the location that we were currently traveling to, but being on time for the meal was more important, clients could not be let down. My Twitter was already going crazy of people asking exactly where we were.

In between the stop-start motions of the Infiniti I scrolled through my mentions as Sebastian was informing Daniel how his young daughter was doing.

It was nice to know that he trusted the people in the car enough to talk about something so private. If you have seen the interviews where he's been questioned about his personal life, then you know that things like that are kept to himself.

I continued reading through questions when I stopped at a particular mention.

Are you two dating now?

And below it was a picture from the after party at Silverstone. I knew I had seen a camera flash! Sam had made me so irate that none of us were thinking straight, plus I'd drunk too much.