Chapter Fifty Eight: Home Straight

Brazil had been warm, but Cornwall was set to be freezing. Absolutely freezing.

"And so which one do you think she'd prefer?" Daniel showed me two images on his phone that Paul had sent him. Hmm, if I were Lizzie...

"First one." I replied without much more thought. Paul really was going through with this.

"Yeah, I thought that." He smiled and outstretched his legs. The train was soon to arrive at the last station. "I love public transport. "

"I know you do. And someone is dead set against me getting a car just yet, so it's the train or nothing."

"Scum class actually isn't too bad." He messaged Paul back. He was still calling it that. And still smiling. In all fairness he hasn't stopped since Sunday night, twenty-four hours ago.

"I really wish you'd stop referring to it as scum class." I glanced around, as my attempt at keeping a straight face was short lived. He laced his fingers with mine and I leant my head on his shoulder.

"You know I'm only kidding. I was however considering wearing an 'I am not Daniel Ricciardo' t-shirt."

"Because that would have been even more inconspicuous." I tutted and pointed to my laptop screen. I bloody loved onboard wifi. "What about this one?"

He glared at the car and shrugged. He really did not want me to be let loose on the streets of London, or Milton Keynes...

"I just think you should wait a bit, until the new year or something."

"Yeah, I suppose so." It was my turn to shrug. Maybe he was right, maybe it was best to wait.

"Okay...Paul has spoken to Mr Green and all is good." the Australian declared and his grin returned. He was wearing my favourite snapback of his.

"She had better say yes. This will be stressing me out for the next month if not!"

"Would you say yes to him?"

"Well he isn't you, so no."

"Good answer." he replied and double checked that he had everything. The train was finally slowing into our station.

---

Arriving at my parent's home it was late- it had gone ten in the evening and the streets of the town were quiet. You could hear the waves crashing against the harbour wall.

"I bet this place looks amazing in daylight." Daniel spoke as he strained his eyes to look out over the water. Little did he know that you could only catch a glimpse of the sea standing on the driveway.

"Yeah, makes me wonder why I'm stuck in London." I sighed, coming 'home' always stirred memories. "Still not a thing on Monaco though."

"Or Perth, I'm guessing?"

"Or Perth." I replied, ringing the door bell. So much had happened since I had last stepped foot in this house.

Daniel and I chatted in hushed voices not wanting to wake any of the neighbours that had been wanting to get an early night. Before long though, I could hear the key in the door and the sound of it unlocking.

"Saskia!" Dad opened the door all smiles, and it was only milliseconds before their dog, Jasper, came bounding out and headed straight for Daniel. And we all knew about his love for the small creatures...

"Dad." I greeted and gave him a hug. Nothing really compared to being home...except...

"Daniel, how's it going, pleasant journey?" I pulled away as Dad proceeded to shake Daniel's hand. Jasper was still yapping at his ankles.