FIVE

"I made you seaweed soup." Yoongi said when Hoseok returned home, having been left behind when Hoseok went to work.

Hoseok sighed, rubbing his temple as he sat down at the table, a bowl of soup placed in front of him.

Yoongi watched as Hoseok took a sip, hoping he'd cooked the shop well.

"This is... This is really good." Hoseok said, his voice cracking slightly. Yoongi's eyes widened as Hoseok hastily wiped his eyes, trying not to show that tears were pricking his eyes.

"A-Are those tears of happiness or sadness?" Yoongi asked as he sat next to Hoseok, placing a hand on his arm. Hoseok shook his head, only making Yoongi more confused.

"I'm sorry." Hoseok said before sniffing. Yoongi wrapped his arms around Hoseok and pulled him closer, attempting to comfort the now crying man.

He wished he knew what was causing these tears, but because Hoseok had never opened up about himself, Yoongi knew nothing about his past.

Although it was against Hoseok believed in, he allowed himself to be comforted. He felt a little better, as Yoongi hugged him. It almost reminded him of his mother.

The seaweed soup Yoongi had made tasted like the one Hoseok's mother had made him. She was gone now, and the taste brought back memories.

Hoseok's father had left when he was young, taking all their money and leaving him with Hoseok's mother. She had raised him single handedly and showered him with just as much love, if not more, as a child with two parents.
So when she died, Hoseok took it badly.

"It's alright..." Yoongi said, wiping Hoseok's tears away. "It'll be alright."

Yoongi hadn't meant to trigger Hoseok, he'd just wanted to make something Hoseok liked. During the test Hoseok took during the programming of Yoongi, he'd put down seaweed soup as one of his favourite meals, so it was only logical that Yoongi made that.

But then he'd made Hoseok cry...

"I'm fine." Hoseok pulled away from Yoongi, wiping his cheeks as he attempted to regain his composure.

"Do you want to eat something else or..." Hoseok shook his head, eating more of the soup.

"I'll eat it. Are you going to eat any?" Yoongi nodded and got up, grabbing himself a bowl.

He sat back down next to Hoseok, looking at him briefly before taking a sip of the soup, wondering what about it had made Hoseok cry.

-

Yoongi lay back to back with Hoseok in the bed, listening to the sleeping man's breathing.

So far, his plan wasn't working. He hadn't managed to do anything with Hoseok.

But he also hadn't heard anything of being sent back. He'd been with Hoseok almost all the time and not once had the company been called or refunds been mentioned.

He would just take it as a good sign.

Yoongi rolled over to he was facing Hoseok's back. Hoseok stirred slightly, sighing and rolling over before returning back to sleep.

Yoongi stared at Hoseok, being able to see clearly in the dark.

Hesitantly, Yoongi reached out and touched Hoseok's chest, feeling the heartbeat before touching his own chest, where his own computer heart didn't beat. Instead he had a faint vibration, unnoticeable unless you knew what you were feeling for.

He sighed, knowing he'd never be what Hoseok wanted, and that one day Hoseok would grow tired of him as get rid of him.

It wasn't that he cared for Hoseok - although it was part of his programming - it was just that he didn't want to be thrown away.

He wasn't particularly fond of tips.

"Are you sighing for any particular reason or are you trying to annoy me?" Hoseok asked, not opening his eyes.

"Sorry..." Yoongi replied, watching as Hoseok frowned slightly before smiling, something apparently amusing him.

"It's alright... Just go to sleep." Yoongi nodded, even though Hoseok couldn't see him, and closed his eyes.

An arm suddenly wrapped around him, taking him by surprise. He opened his eyes and saw Hoseok looking back at him, though it was unlikely he could actually see.

"You robots prefer human contact, don't you?" Yoongi smiled and nodded.

"Yeah..." Hoseok pulled Yoongi closer, wrapping both arms around him.

"Don't get any ideas, I just don't want anything happening to you if I decide to refund you."